• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Significant other annoyed at your layers and accessories?

EvilFish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I think you should be banned from this forvm, you're obviously not up to its standards.

I know, I know.
frown.gif

Random tip; keep a couple of cheap ties on hand if your SO is into any kind of bondage; for some reason girls prefer to use your tie to tie you up. You don't want your Drakes grenadine on one wrist and your 7-fold Borrelli on the other, right?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Seems to me that if you spend too much time on your clothes at that particular moment, you're sending your lady a clear signal that you value your material possessions more than the act you are about to perform. It also implies that you take her for granted, in that you're willing to risk losing the mood merely to prevent wrinkled fabrics.

Don't get me wrong. I share your desire to hang my clothes properly the moment I take them off. But in certain circumstances, I fight that urge.
laugh.gif

I think this is a perfect signal to send for several reasons. It shows that you take care of what you have and you get things finished that need to be done so you can focus more on her. A person who obviously spends tons of money on clothes and then wrecks it in an instinctual act of lust shows they are more balls, less brains and can't use their head to make proper desicions!
wink.gif

Also, even if you rip everthing off, just the sheer amount of things that have to come off even with the littlest care exceeds the bro in a muscle shirt. It is still enough to ruin a mood.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i think pulling on someones tie is a capital offense in some countries

I need to be in those countries...one of my borrelli 7 folds suffered because of this.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
I know we are all a little crazy or OCD about out clothing/shoes, but putting in your shoe trees and hanging up all of your clothes perfectly first is going too far. Seriously, just leave them on the ground, ********, then take care of your shoes and clothes. Nothing is going to get ruined in the time it takes you have to ********.

Now...if she is ripping your clothes off and ruining them, then yes, that is going too far.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan-27
I know we are all a little crazy or OCD about out clothing/shoes, but putting in your shoe trees and hanging up all of your clothes perfectly first is going too far. Seriously, just leave them on the ground, ********, then take care of your shoes and clothes. Nothing is going to get ruined in the time it takes you have to ********.

My sex will be ruined because there is no peace of mind.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
My sex will be ruined because there is no peace of mind.

Please get help.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In before DT.

ebmk3891

Reaction score
I think this is a perfect signal to send for several reasons. It shows that you take care of what you have and you get things finished that need to be done so you can focus more on her. A person who obviously spends tons of money on clothes and then wrecks it in an instinctual act of lust shows they are more balls, less brains and can't use their head to make proper desicions!
wink.gif
Also, even if you rip everthing off, just the sheer amount of things that have to come off even with the littlest care exceeds the bro in a muscle shirt. It is still enough to ruin a mood.

Perfect? by telling her you value your clothes more than her (intimacy)? Surely you can wait 5 minutes after your done finishing the job to put the shoe trees in
smile.gif

D Yizz

Reaction score
I am curious to know other's experiences.

Sometimes my special lady friend and I will return to my place after a night out, drinks, whatever, and we are becoming, shall we say, intimate. She would always get so get annoyed with me that I ruin the mood because I have a coat, jacket, tie, cufflinks, shoe trees and all of this stuff to take off and put proper and such. At this point she knows me well enough and thinks its "cute", but have any of you irritated your significant other because you need to put your shoe trees in and unbutton your cufflinks take off your tie, etc?

Be grateful she hasn't dumped you. Putting shoe trees before getting intimate? Please.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Be grateful she hasn't dumped you. Putting shoe trees before getting intimate? Please.

I have a keeper (not on a necktie) she accepts me for who I am!
biggrin.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Man, I'm glad I visit MC from time to time. Hilarity isn't just found in DT's.

D Yizz

Reaction score
I have a keeper (not on a necktie) she accepts me for who I am!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, for who you are.... payin' for her stuff......
happy.gif
laugh.gif

No blood pressure at all, dude. If this were true you would've been dumped years ago!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics