• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cez

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional pics, Slack. i've looking for something just like it for a couple of seasons but have yet to find anything up to par. Does that particular BoO only come in short sleeves? I would be interested in a long sleeve version.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I have that thing. It's a good piece though the arms are cut a little slimmer than perhaps would be ideal. Also the same upper chest - shoulder - made for azns apparently issue that plagues every W+H collection since 2008.

Agreed @ that. The arms are really, really narrow. A button down is about all you're getting through the sleeves. Maybe a thermal + button down, but that's pushing it...

Fortunately, as an [obvious] fan of W+H, I benefit from the cuts you mention . Though 100% white Americana, I am sometimes confused as an AZN due to my eyes. Not so noticeable in this pic...but a small example below. Some w+h pieces feel as if they're tailored for me. Hence my strong brand loyalty and ridiculous amount of w/h kops.

1a3db2b9.jpg

Originally Posted by cez
Thanks for the additional pics, Slack. i've looking for something just like it for a couple of seasons but have yet to find anything up to par. Does that particular BoO only come in short sleeves? I would be interested in a long sleeve version.

No problem. I'm not too awfully familiar with BoO but as far as I know this shirt only came in short sleeve. There were several in the S/S'08 (or 09?, can't remember) that were of a very similar ilk, though. In both short and long sleeve. Here is an original listing for the shirt for your reference. Sorry again I can't be of more help with BoO...

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew

cellphone pic/10

zegna
perse
dior
martegani's

Can I get advice from any of you on how to take good pictures of yourself? Or do you all have a spouse/friend do it for you?

Please, I mean please get rid off the chin strap.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, not this again...its his face not yours.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

cellphone pic/10

zegna
perse
dior
martegani's

Can I get advice from any of you on how to take good pictures of yourself? Or do you all have a spouse/friend do it for you?

I would use a real camera and try its timer function.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
****, not this again...its his face not yours.

I missed out on that argument. he can do w/e he wants to. but that chin strap really does him no favors. just my 2 cents. I'll shut up now

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
even though I agree he made it clear he doesn't care what peeps think on here. It caused an even longer argument than the one last night.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Actually, I've been shaving clean recently. The only reason it's come back is because I'm letting my beard grow out for the warrior dash at the end of January. it's a three mile drunken obstacle course where you dress up like a warrior and get smashed, and they encourage you to grow your beard out. As long as my facial hair takes to grow, I gotta start a month in advance lol

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cellphone pic/10

zegna
perse
dior
martegani's

I am an authority on this subject. In order of most effective to least effective for WAYWT fit pic strategies:

1) Outside. Plenty of natural light. Not in the mornings, or evenings. But when the sun is directly overheard. When the sun is shining directly at you, the light can be too harsh and the pictures will not turn out well. I've found between the hours of noon and 2:00PM are ideal
teacha.gif
. Also, preferably, with a significant other you are comfortable yelling at and correcting. Be stern with your photog - very important. These are your fits that you will be posting on the innernet as an accurate representation of your IRL self and to be judged my other men on the innernet so you should allow no one to **** that up. Threaten IRL violence against your photog if necessary (only if completely necessary).

If you don't have the luxury of a personal photog to document your every move and pose throughout the day, you have a couple options..

1) The dreaded camera on a tripod OUTSIDE. Yes, outside, for all eyes to see. The guy taking pictures of himself. Probably for the innernet. Recently a SF poster retreated back into his loft after observing being observed by a nosy neighbor during an attempted fit pic against a seedy run down red brick wall. Beware onlookers. But if indeed you are the beholder of ultimate swag, then let the plebes swoon and stare in awe as the digital SLR flicks and snaps photo's destined for GOAT WAYWT fit pic'dom. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE SHOT. Baby stroller rolling towards train tracks? *******. I don't care. If that sun-beam is hitting right --- you know what to do. They're called priorities. If you're not in this for krispy fuckin' fits then why are you innnit. Am i rite or amirite.

2) The full length mirror approach. First you will need a clean mirror. Then a decent camera or camera phone. This is also a good opportunity to show off any fancy camera you have as it will be clearly visible in the pic. Open all of the window blinds/shades in your home for maximum viewage and effect. If it is cloudy, lost cause. You need the house to be flooded with sun. That is unless you have some extremely bright artificial lighting.

Lastly, do no be afraid of others on the streets. They are jealous of you and your fit. It's obvious. After the shots have been taken to your satisfaction turn your attention to any onlookers and tell them you are dressed better than them and your leather billy kirk bracelet costs more than their entire 'drobe and just break out of there before you embarrass them any more than you have to. Gather your equipment in haste and shuffle out of the situation as quickly and as confidently as possible.

Good luck.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1)
Originally Posted by connor
thatd be hella funny to me if synth was just hella ugly. like every branch on the way down ugly

2)
Originally Posted by APK
Am I the only one who remembers when Synthese never blurred his face out? I know I didn't dream that ****.

3)
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
saw his face, synth is alarmingly handsome
teacha.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads