• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is American Style to you?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dick van dyke's suits look so good on that show. made me change minds about high waists. wish he had used four in hands with perfect dimples more tho
devil.gif

also wow at biddle's lapels. they almost cover his chest

whenwe

Reaction score
Going through all these style threads makes me realize how unfunny people are on sf. I mean, you'd think that after someone posted a ridiculous pic in one of the other threads, or even in the same thread that others would get the point that the joke is lame.
ffffuuuu.gif

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera

I don't know why, but I am glad to see you posting such wonderful, iconic American pics. I always thought you were one of those unctuous anglophiles who can't say something nice about America without some dry, underhanded remark to go along with it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cadillac.jpg
And don't tell me the photo is oversized ... that's part of American style.

notalwaysrig

Reaction score
I enjoy it when American style manifests itself as a confident outfit.

happy holiday's...

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, there's so much great American style so:
chrysler_empire_state_building_23march02.jpg
Route66_sign.jpg
USA-Mississippi-Clarksdale-32916427-P42.jpg
turquoise-marilyn-62.jpg
Cool%20Hand%20Luke-thumb-320x405.jpg
steve_mcqueen_photo.jpg
685588-Travel_Picture-New_Orleans.jpg
Delta_Queen3.jpg
appomattox-house.jpg
baybridgemoon.jpg
aaron-richard-e-john-lee-hooker.jpg
119299.1976.Cadillac.Eldorado.2-Door.Convertible.jpg
great_depression_photograph.gif
al.jpg
CottonClub-1936.jpg
studio-54-night-club.jpg
motown.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ That A&P is only a few short blocks from where my family had a house. It is so small ... and the aisles so narrow ... it required specially down-sized shopping carts.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
duplicate post

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
^^^ That A&P is only a few short blocks from where my family had a house. It is so small ... and the aisles so narrow ... it required specially down-sized shopping carts.
I thought of you when I posted that picture. I couldn't remember the name of the main 'party' street in New Orleans at the time of posting, so I just posted what I consider to be a typical picture. I didn't noticed the A&P store, which is coincidental, if not particularly interesting, as their demise/eclipse has been mentioned as an example in a book I'm currently reading. I've always wanted to go to New Orleans, after Cleveland of course
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads