• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

skander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
WvG for sure if you're short. Slim shirts that you don't have to be 6'3" to wear

Originally Posted by mike868y
I'm a short dude, so I'm going to have to get shirts hemmed anyway, but I was wondering if anyone makes an ocbd that is already on the short side?

Try these on before purchasing (or make sure you can return). Cut doesn't work for everyone.

iFungus

Reaction score
I have a 26 waist, 36 inseam and I prefer a slim-straight cut to my pants (I have weird digestion problems and small bones). I've never found a pair of jeans or slacks that fit well. Whenever I find pants that fit me in the waist, the inseam is always way too short, with far too little material to bring down.

Do you have any recommendations for stores/brands to check out? I live in the Boston area. I know there are custom jean sources online, but I would really prefer to have somewhere physical to go to buy my clothes, both to feel the quality of the material and to try them on.

Thanks!

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
in all seriousness have you tried womenz jeanz? they'll look the same on you if there arent girly pocket sticthings...

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iFungus
I have a 26 waist, 36 inseam and I prefer a slim-straight cut to my pants (I have weird digestion problems and small bones). I've never found a pair of jeans or slacks that fit well. Whenever I find pants that fit me in the waist, the inseam is always way too short, with far too little material to bring down.

Do you have any recommendations for stores/brands to check out? I live in the Boston area. I know there are custom jean sources online, but I would really prefer to have somewhere physical to go to buy my clothes, both to feel the quality of the material and to try them on.

Thanks!

That's some weird freaking proportion.

it's ok ma'

Reaction score
I read on here that Levi's 514 are cut just like 501's except slimmer. How accurate is this?
And what is the "color" or style number design/color of regular, original 501 jeans? I haven't given much of a look, but the last department store I went to look for 514's had a bunch of faded, ugly faux distressed 514's. I was hoping to find 514's that look like original 501's, if you get me
blush.gif
. Help !

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iFungus

Thanks!

Lucky Jeans will go 28x36.5, and they have several stores in Boston. It's not 26, but it might be close, especially with a little shrinkage.

auxym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
BB molino

Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
484 fit cords r great on me. Get longer inseam tho

Originally Posted by iha_
I have the jcrew cords and I really like them. Fit is TTS (as far as I can tell).

Thanks for the comments. Do any of you have any idea if top block (read: ass) is more roomy in either of those pants? I tried on some levis 514 (sz 32) cords at the bay the other day. Fit great in the waist, thighs, and legs, but wayy too tight for my butt, pulled a lot behind and had the camel toe look.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is Orvis leather, compared to ToJ? Looking for a bomber

cowsareforeating

Reaction score

Ike

Reaction score
I'd then question the point of buying a St James hat specifically... if it's black. I'd say have some fun and go with the stripes if you have another 2-3 hats in your wardrobe.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
solid... the stripes aren't as easy to make work with stuff as you'd imagine..
Well I'd be wearing it with a Navy blue peacoat... so that is why the nautical stripes seemed to make sense to me on the scarf and hat. Would that be a bit overboard (pun) on the sailing though?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello, Style Forum:

I suppose for my inaugural post, I'll ask something I have always wondered:

Where, oh where can I find a type of pant -- any type of pant -- where the ass doesn't hang down to the floor? Jeans, khakis, it doesn't matter. I seem to have tried everything (save for the thousand-dollar models you see in those ads that have come to replace the articles in GQ).

I've been fat and I've been slim, and it has made no difference. Any leads are appreciated!

Thanks.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
just check the rise measurements (front rise) and if you're less than 10 inches on that measurement with a fitting waist, you'll be fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads