• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Glorysends

Reaction score
Does anyone know were I could get the recent or last season card holder by McQueen?
I was just going to order this seasons last night on his website and it is no longer up there and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks guys!

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I don't think it is a deep v neck just cheap hanes v-necks.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought some BOOT CUT jeans because they fit me well and were very cheap on sale
however, i wish the leg opening were a little smaller ...
can the legs be re-hemmed to make it smaller? have to open up the sides and cut off some fabric?
has anyone tried?

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so since i currently have 0 chunky knits in my closet, i was trying some on like a week or two ago and took a picture, is this about how these are supposed to fit?

shawlcollarcardigan.jpg

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
imo chunky knits look better layered under a jacket, but thats just me... looks fine to me? Two quick questions.. Who makes good drapey not TOO long cardigans? i want to keep a slim silhouette. buttons are optional Also anyone know anything about construction or quality of yigal azrouel? i like some of his pieces but since hes expensive i'd like to know before i cop if i cop.

corsairjuly

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what kind of boots these are? impolyt_one (Drew), for reference.

2uztb20.jpg

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
i bought some BOOT CUT jeans because they fit me well and were very cheap on sale
can the legs be re-hemmed to make it smaller? have to open up the sides and cut off some fabric?
has anyone tried?

A good tailor should be able to take in the leg opening. If they're selvedge, make sure they either realize they shouldn't screw up the line, or be ready to lose part of it.

Originally Posted by MelonSnapple
Got some cheap Monday cords and love the way they fit. Any suggestions for jeans that fit similarly and at a similar price?
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...LAID=724107894
I'd like to branch out into colors that arent really blue jean colors such as maroon and patterns so please consider that too.
Thankee

Maybe Cheap Monday jeans? Your link isn't working, so I'm assuming you paid around 80 bucks. If you're willing to go up in price, and assuming the cords fit like most Cheap Monday pants, you might like Nudie's Tight Long Johns, sized up one.

Originally Posted by thewho13
Multiple times on SF I have read that particular brands of denim fade much quicker than others: Nudie's fade really quick, N&F are usually a bit more stubborn. Anyway, I purchased a pair of Crates in the middle of August and have worn them constantly since then. The first month, I probably wore them only three times a week at most, but since October, I have worn them almost daily. The creases are very well defined, but it seems that only in very high stress areas has there been much fading.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Am I only going to see fading from actual washing of the jeans or does wear over time remove a noticable amount of indigo as well?

It's just a matter of time. My girlfriend has been breaking in some PBJs since September, and has really only seen fades on her pocket, where she keeps chapstick, and on one or two creases on her knees. On the other hand, my APCs are already showing real nice fades. Be patient.

MelonSnapple

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Strombollii
A good tailor should be able to take in the leg opening. If they're selvedge, make sure they either realize they shouldn't screw up the line, or be ready to lose part of it.

Maybe Cheap Monday jeans? Your link isn't working, so I'm assuming you paid around 80 bucks. If you're willing to go up in price, and assuming the cords fit like most Cheap Monday pants, you might like Nudie's Tight Long Johns, sized up one.

It's just a matter of time. My girlfriend has been breaking in some PBJs since September, and has really only seen fades on her pocket, where she keeps chapstick, and on one or two creases on her knees. On the other hand, my APCs are already showing real nice fades. Be patient.

I paid 30 bucks for their cords. They aren't the legging type skinny jean. They have a 7.5 leg opening and a tapered leg. They aren't even skin tight just skimming. Does this link work?
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...LAID=724107894
Maybe this will give you a better idea?
Also these pants have pretty much exactly the same measurements according to urban but are skinny fit.
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...SEARCH+RESULTS

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has Opening Ceremony quality improved at all in the last years? It seems like their in-house stuff has been steadily increasing and price and, at first glance, in overall quality, but I could be wrong. I handled some newer pieces at Barney's and they seemed OK, but they seem to select the most bizarre fabrics for these things.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
has anyone tried?

You just need a tailor to taper them. If you live in a big city, there are places that will do it for $10 or less (double if not, ime). You can do it yourself if you have access to a sturdy sewing machine (denim can be tough to sew).

Originally Posted by corsairjuly
Can anybody tell me what kind of boots these are? impolyt_one (Drew), for reference.

probably Dior but possibly Margiela (just a couple brands he's known to have owned. I couldn't tell you the model or anything.)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
vlcsnap2010111221h57m13.png
vlcsnap2010111221h56m58.png
Anyone recognize this military-style-ish jacket Martin Freeman wears in the Sherlock pilot? I'm trying to either ID the designer, or, if it turns out to be ridiculously expensive, find a cheaper alternative. The costume designer has indicated that in subsequent episodes, Watson's outerwear comes from Haversack, but the wardrobe from the pilot, filmed much earlier, remains sort of a mystery. Thanks.

Filipe

Reaction score
I'm in the market for my first pair of chinos. I wear 32 (probably 31 if I want to let them stretch) in Levi's 501 so should I get a Dockers D2 in 32 or 31? Do you think these are genuine?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
generic m65 jacket
Thanks, I was wondering about that. I'm actually snapping up a *real*/generic military jacket or two (pretty neat-looking, and always a good deal), but I've not found one this cool looking (or this specific one). I wonder if like the rest of the jackets they use for the series, it's simply just another case of a designer adding cooler-looking buttons to a simple military design, and charging thousands of $$$. I'm not sure if this is what you meant, though (I'm a total fashion n00b, sorry). Thanks for the lead. Searching ebay for 'm65' does turn up a lot of similar stuff. I'm sure this will narrow down my search.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads