• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Success Stories

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was when I went to visit some family in Taiwan in 09 that made me really self aware how god awful I was dressed. My outfits were completely devoid of any personality or creativity. SF approved brands looked like **** on me so I broadened my search and started experimenting. Found that not only did Japanese clothing fit me really well, but it was something that worked for me and that I felt good in. But it wasn't something that happened overnight, which I think, is what many people that come to SF believe will happen. I can't count the number of bad purchases and the amount of money wasted before I figured it all out.

Riio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
It was when I went to visit some family in Taiwan in 09 that made me really self aware how god awful I was dressed. My outfits were completely devoid of any personality or creativity. SF approved brands looked like **** on me so I broadened my search and started experimenting. Found that not only did Japanese clothing fit me really well, but it was something that worked for me and that I felt good in. But it wasn't something that happened overnight, which I think, is what many people that come to SF believe will happen. I can't count the number of bad purchases and the amount of money wasted before I figured it all out.

yeah but it was only a year or so between the two pics APK posted? that's a pretty impressive transformation

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the first pic was from November last year and the more recent one from this summer, August, I think. So a little under a year, if that's where you want to mark my moment of "transformation".

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think my style has generally stayed the same, only my stuffs way more expensive and fits a **** of a lot better.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Official Thread of Dressed by Internets

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when i first started posting here, i wore rick, raf and occasionally some ann d. now i wear rick, ann d. ccp and BoO, ya know, just for some sprezz

Yardsale

Reaction score
I've gotten more previous level with time. The world is cruel that way
musicboohoo[1].gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
People changing their styles completely after finding the internet fora does not suggest that they simply did what the internet told them. "Look at WAYWT and take cues from stuff you see that you like" is oft dispensed and perfectly acceptable advice.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i post for ***** and giggles, not advice. it's ******* marsupialed to go to a forum to learn how to dress. that's not your personal style you're wearing everyone else's collective style and opinions. it's sad really.
lol, so true... Although its kinda good when experimenting in order to see if what you put together is coherent, and looks well put together.
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I agree with this. I'll still be wearing abercrombie and hollister if I didn't know about SF, SZ, SUFU.
ffffuuuu.gif

LOL yah, this forum is definitely a good jump pad into learning about other brands. However, a lot of new people probably get too caught up in the "approved brands" and aren't branching out. I'm happy it took only myself to realize that jcrew sucks, and that I needed to find something else. That's why I went on the internet for teh fashiunz.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
The Official Thread of Dressed by Internets
crackup[1].gif
Lol, dude misses the point completely. I guess he doesn't realize that about no one in their second pictures is taking typical SF consensus advice. In fact, the Snake "transformation" s exactly the opposite of what this dude is saying, from SF style to personal style. Seriously, some people...
facepalm.gif

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
this thread ******* sucks, need a bunch of internobodies to tell you how to dress? what the ****.
seriously dude? where did you learn about raf and ann and how is that any different from people online telling you about them? i'm sorry we didn't have access to fashunz like your younger self did. it's not like the internet said "go wear this" and the sheep went baahhh bahh. they wear **** they think looks nice and then when they realize it looks like **** they evolve. what the **** is wrong with change? it's wrong for snake to change his style up to something he likes more and thinks suits him better?
facepalm.gif
buncha hipster bullshit. "i heard about raf way before you did from my mom and not from some internet nobodies" "yeah well i was wearing raf diapers when i was a baby"

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
lol, so true... Although its kinda good when experimenting in order to see if what you put together is coherent, and looks well put together. LOL yah, this forum is definitely a good jump pad into learning about other brands. However, a lot of new people probably get too caught up in the "approved brands" and aren't branching out. I'm happy it took only myself to realize that jcrew sucks, and that I needed to find something else. That's why I went on the internet for teh fashiunz.
lol at this tool. you don't have to suck up for approval from strangers on the internet. in fact you dont have to do it for people in real life. and seriously what the **** is an opinion or even an education except a collective of other people's opinions, your analysis on them, and occasionally original material? what, is everybody supposed to reinvent calculus on their own?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
on with the thread, great transformations

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads