• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Okay, my golf game is getting worse
frown.gif

Went out last week. Playing on this incredible course, the other three people varied from not horrible player to pretty good. Tried to really smash this drive but came up under the ball. All three of the other players, guys that have been playing for 30+ years, said they'd never seen anything like this.

IMG_0280.jpg

I guess my mother was right. I am special.
laugh.gif

Seems like that might be something the manufacturer would replace.

Also you'll like this, I texted my sister today and was like "I'm all emo and ****. Nothing redemptive about me now".

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
People on forums as well as Ebay that bid on your **** or ask you 100 questions about your stuff and then bid and you confirm and give your Paypal info and they do not pay or respond and you see them active on the board.

Just say you are not interested or don't waste my time from the get go.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
******* piece of ******* debris in my eye. can't get it out. can't see it. tried flushing it out. eye is red. rubs against my eye every time i blink.

gonna go insane.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm growing a mustache since a week. It kinda looks like there is a bit of kiwi peel on my upper lip. If this doesn't look like a mustache until 10th of January (when I have my first meeting in 2011) it has to go... which would be sad cuz I really would like to have a mustache, even though it would 'only' be the Clark Gable kind.

Oh, and comment from workmate who was sick for 2 weeks and saw me today: "What happened, acting in the corporate pr0n movie?"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
(...) the alone part of me has to do with the solitude and the peace that comes with it. Like, a big part of Christian monasticism is that God speaks in silence and, with no other way to put it, that's kind of what I like.

Ed, I hope this doesn't become a permanent condition for a rake such as yourself.

That said, I never agreed with the precept that God speaks in silences. I think he speaks at all time though many vessels. It's only in silence that we tune out the noise and actually listen.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Ed, I hope this doesn't become a permanent condition for a rake such as yourself.

That said, I never agreed with the precept that God speaks in silences. I think he speaks at all time though many vessels. It's only in silence that we tune out the noise and actually listen.

I dress horribly. I get what you're saying. Since I first read about monasticism its been a way of life that just seems appealing and I can't stop thinking "I wonder if its for me".

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I dress horribly. I get what you're saying. Since I first read about monasticism its been a way of life that just seems appealing and I can't stop thinking "I wonder if its for me".

I don't use rake as a comment on men's clothing: I mean raconteur, as in someone who tells a good story. Hmmm. As for the thoughts on the monastic life, I was reminded of this from a now-defunct perfume blog:

Originally Posted by Luca Turin
Some forms of beauty are forever destined to remain minority interests: for
example, stand among the crowd in front of Michelangelo's David and marvel at
the veins on his large, idle white hands. Then turn 90 degrees right and look at
Cellini's Perseus, ignored, remote, aloof from the messy job just done (taking out
Medusa). Now ask yourself: If, as is likely, David wears Eau Sauvage, what rare,
somber fluid sits on Perseus' bathroom shelf ?

Every child is at some point a small Perseus, and this infatuation with the dark and
the lonely is for most people an acute condition, best caught early in life like
mumps, and which seldom recurs. For some, however, it lasts long enough to
require a matching fragrance. Those who read the Count of Monte Cristo through
tears at age 50 want something to sprinkle on their stubble before setting out into a
dark and stormy night. But what ?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
my brother is the worst roommate ever. i told him last night while half asleep to not walk in with dirty shoes cuz two nights ago he did and left dirt and mark all over the kitchen. what i didnt realize was he was already in the kitchen with dirty shoes
ffffuuuu.gif
now i got salted marks all over my kitchen floor. this kid is so damn messy. have to pick up after him and do his dishes every time he comes over cuz he leaves my place a huge mess. he just leaves his clothes and leftover food all over the place. its ******* gross

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This building is old and the window insulation sucks. I'm sitting at my desk and my hands are cold as ice. I'm going up to the private bathroom on the 9th floor to take care of some business.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My little dog had a seizure this morning
frown.gif
Not sure what it is yet but very worried. Vet appt. at 6pm today - my wife tried to take him to the emergency hospital this morning but after 2 hours of waiting, with a migraine and our 20-month-old, I suggested we call the regular vet and try to get an appt.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
My little dog had a seizure this morning
frown.gif

Not sure what it is yet but very worried. Vet appt. at 6pm today - my wife tried to take him to the emergency hospital this morning but after 2 hours of waiting, with a migraine and our 20-month-old, I suggested we call the regular vet and try to get an appt.

Good luck: I hope it's nothing serious and that it resolves itself soon.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day on the slopes cut short because my brother skis like an idiot. I am now waiting for him in emergency as the look at his fucked knee and potential concussion. This really hasnt been his day. On the way to the mountain we stopped at a roadside outhouse because he had to take a piss and in the process he stepped in someone's **** and got it all over his shoes and ski pants. He smelled aweful. The best part is that he just bought the pants a couple days ago.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has been a ****** quarter overall,my only uncle passed away about 40 days ago because of a heart attack and today,his wife passed away. I don't know what the **** is wrong with these doctors,it is sad and frustrating because they were just 60 y.o.
ffffuuuu.gif

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally figured out why my gas stove hasnt been working like I thought it should. Cause its not supposed to. I finally had enough after the repair guy came and went and I still couldnt cook anything for ****. I went online to look for a new stove (this is only 6 months old - so basically I am out another $500) and when comparing the specs of mine to others, I noticed that mine has about 50% less BTU's than most other!!! No wonder nothing would cook right. I am kinda pissed, but I didnt do my research before buying and no I have to pay the price. I will go back to the store and raise hell, but I doubt they will do anything for me.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dropped a ******* barbell on my ******* forehead today, I wasn't focusing, I was doing bench presses, went to rack the barbell, one side slipped. not fun - an inch or two farther down and I could have lost my teeth or crushed my nose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics