• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
you would feel better about paying $80 for a finished tailored shirt than $32?

i hate lands end canvas, but i picked up two oxford button downs for beater shirts. also got mine for $12. I had them tailored up and they now work fine. just take them to a tailor and you'll like them much better.

Ok I think I'll do that. I may wait until I'm back at school (I go to school in baltimore, live in a small rural town, doubt there are any good tailors around). What is the going rate to get a shirt hemmed?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love how scott.m wears the **** out of his clothes, gives him and everything else so much character. look at those junya trickers, they are amazing.

fit is awesome, looks comfortable too!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^that's cuz he lives in ny and walks 18 miles a day and doesn't stay in to meet fedex drivers to try on new clothes and ressell them the next day

Originally Posted by mickey711
Then please show us how it's done jetdawg.

ez, lose the tie dawg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^that's cuz he lives in ny and walks 18 miles a day and doesn't stay in to meet fedex drivers to try on new clothes and ressell them the next day

lolooool

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
Ok I think I'll do that. I may wait until I'm back at school (I go to school in baltimore, live in a small rural town, doubt there are any good tailors around). What is the going rate to get a shirt hemmed?

I dont know about getting a shirt shortened. I have mine slightly tapered, sleeves slimmed, and sometimes I have darts put in. I pay $22 for the job, but I've seen some tailors go up to $35.

Whatever you do, make sure you shop around for tailors. I've been to five at this point and have dropped three of them. Build at an for discerning what's a good tailoring job. This is where LEC stuff might actually be good. You can use these essentially as tester shirts for finding a good tailor.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ups guy is my homie lol, he came to deliver something on Christmas eve, invited him in for a snack, but he could only stay for a quick drink
frown.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sucks you didnt get to sex him up as repayment for the clothes hes delivered.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
ups guy is my homie lol, he came to deliver something on Christmas eve, invited him in for a snack, but he could only stay for a quick drink
frown.gif

wow that is weird
wow.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know, couldnt he have put off delivering the other packages to have a quick game of cards or something!?!?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Last Night visitng family in the woods:

Today to return to NYC:
IMG_1795.jpg

Junya
Our Legacy
Junya
Junya

Happy holidays everyone!

New Jacket came! Can't wait to see it in person when I get back tomorrow. If that damn snow storm doesn't **** up my flight

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's coming down hard homie, I gotta swap the boots for my Diemmes, trekking into soho to blow some money fast.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on how finances work out I'm tryna cop a Gamme bleu down blazer, if not, these are both more than sufficient for my needs. I'll see you there dun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads