• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mickey711

Reaction score
^shots fired!
476Km.gif
0Sn2A.jpg

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
dude. I know I dress like ****...that's why I'm on this site. But saying stuff like that isn't really constructive towards helping me learn how to dress better.
sorry dude, wasn't trying to backhand you, just didn't think your hair was so bad it deserved attention over your clothes. quick critique since i don't have time to go in-depth: coat looks pretty bad especially with only one button done up, visible white crew neck under a button up looks bad imo, and shirt seems slightly too big though maybe it's just a sloppy cut lol at chasingred's advice. don't sag, stack, or do anything that deviates from the crisp-cut MC silhouette norm

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
dress shirt + cardigan incongruent with tucked in pants and bomber

wtf is up with that casual tie fail up there??

really dislike the way shawl lapels were done on foo's jacket, really disappointed

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

wtf is up with that casual tie fail up there??

really dislike the way shawl lapels were done on foo's jacket, really disappointed

The width is too low

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aeglus: The fit was awesome until I saw the pants...

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

wat. dude this is like raf runway 101, though the tailoring and proportions are different/a little off.

It's a good idea Aeg...Maybe the boots are laced up too tight. Actually a shorter boot would look better I think. The proportions of the bomber + gloves + shirt buttoned all the way up + short neck + looser tucked in trou which creates more billowy fabric + tall boots = shrunken proportions. I know, not very helpful. Looks way better in the first pic, because everything looks taller/longer. If you had just posted that I probably wouldn't be wondering why something is off. Weird, the difference a picture makes.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
wat. dude this is like raf runway 101, though the tailoring and proportions are different/a little off.

It's a good idea Aeg...Maybe the boots are laced up too tight. Actually a shorter boot would look better I think. The proportions of the bomber + gloves + shirt buttoned all the way up + short neck + looser tucked in trou which creates more billowy fabric + tall boots = shrunken proportions. I know, not very helpful. Looks way better in the first pic, because everything looks taller/longer. If you had just posted that I probably wouldn't be wondering why something is off. Weird, the difference a picture makes.

Well the second pic isn't really how it looks because it's a snowman camera angle, but I liked the setting enough. First pic is how it'd really look in person. Funny you mention Raf though, was sort of going for that kind of look.

All up for suggestions though, I don't really do non-jean fits often if it's not a suit.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
sorry dude, wasn't trying to backhand you, just didn't think your hair was so bad it deserved attention over your clothes. quick critique since i don't have time to go in-depth: coat looks pretty bad especially with only one button done up, visible white crew neck under a button up looks bad imo, and shirt seems slightly too big though maybe it's just a sloppy cut

lol at chasingred's advice. don't sag, stack, or do anything that deviates from the crisp-cut MC silhouette norm

thanks du.

The single button on the coat was supposed to show the flannel underneath, didn't workout as expected in the picture. I'm picking up some white v-necks to wear as undershirts to avoid the crew neck problem. Shirt is a tad big and probably a sloppy cut as well (lec), but I feel kind of weird spending $15-20 to get a shirt tailored that I got on sale for $12. I may take some of red's advice though and hem the cords so that they don't stack so much, going to wash first and see if there is any shrinkage.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last Night visitng family in the woods:
IMG_1794.jpg

Junya
BoO x2
Junya
Junya

Today to return to NYC:
IMG_1795.jpg

Junya
Our Legacy
Junya
Junya

Happy holidays everyone!

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
thanks du.

The single button on the coat was supposed to show the flannel underneath, didn't workout as expected in the picture. I'm picking up some white v-necks to wear as undershirts to avoid the crew neck problem. Shirt is a tad big and probably a sloppy cut as well (lec), but I feel kind of weird spending $15-20 to get a shirt tailored that I got on sale for $12. I may take some of red's advice though and hem the cords so that they don't stack so much, going to wash first and see if there is any shrinkage.

you would feel better about paying $80 for a finished tailored shirt than $32?

i hate lands end canvas, but i picked up two oxford button downs for beater shirts. also got mine for $12. I had them tailored up and they now work fine. just take them to a tailor and you'll like them much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads