• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am on StyleForum a lot but...

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyday I walk out the door with a very uninspiring outfit. I have a pair of raw denim that fits well but everything else is just plain, fits pretty good but is boring.

Is anyone else like that?

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Everyday I walk out the door with a very uninspiring outfit. I have a pair of raw denim that fits well but everything else is just plain, fits pretty good but is boring.

Is anyone else like that?

If it's uninspiring, you're not doing something right. Instead of having it being forum approved, just buy something you like, go out, get laid, and feel good about it.

Then return and post about your conquests.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
If it's uninspiring, you're not doing something right. Instead of having it being forum approved, just buy something you like, go out, get laid, and feel good about it.

Then return and post about your conquests.

Personally, I would feel unsure about poasting my sexual conquests for someone named unicorn princess on a men's fashion forum. Sorry

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
Personally, I would feel unsure about poasting my sexual conquests for someone named unicorn princess on a men's fashion forum. Sorry

Persec measures. Shouldn't u be giving the OP advice, rather than dissing someones online handle?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on princess, turn down the internet hate. I was kidding (3)

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im the same way but thats only cus im broke.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
Persec measures. Shouldn't u be giving the OP advice, rather than dissing someones online handle?

geez unicorn......there is some level of sarcasm/kidding/etc within SF...simmer down!

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it really is up to the individual to come up with their own personalized style that suits them and caters to their identity.

SF is only good for helping you figure out the brands, stores, and clothing vocabulary (i.e. like cardigan, balmoral, brogue, etc). if you really want inspiration when it comes to styling, look at streef fashion blogs.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Underrated thread right here..

I want to hear more from the OP.

and..

Originally Posted by Rosenberg

racknac

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, but am not trying to wear anything flashy or an outfit that will get me noticed. The greatest benefit I've gotten from SF is the recognition of brands that provide the appropriate fit to my body type AND produce pieces that are contstructed with quality materials. I also think wearing clothes that fit you is a step above 90% of the world, 99% if you live in suburbia.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i feel the same way now that im at school. last semester i had an early ass class every morning, so to be in class at 8AM i didnt have a ton of time to get dressed. lots of jeans/tshirt/sneakers out there. it kinda disappoints me that i dont dress as well but i dont have time to iron a shirt or put together some *********** morning. makes me feel dumb cause i still think about other peoples fits and **** out and about in my head, but im not doin **** out here either

one upside is that ive grown to like the tshirt/jeans/jacket look a little more and just get that to a point i like

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could start by buying a few interesting items that will work well with what you've already got.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
i agree -- figure out what your current "look" is and try to narrow it down a little more... not all the time, but for when you do wanna show that steez

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads