• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I believe I've found the most versatile suit.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I believe I have come across the most versatile suit I've seen. I was walking past this Australian band store called Calibre. I always loved their slick modern stylish suits. But this one I saw I fell in love with instantly. I didnt go in to try it on since I already spent $1000+ over at the Politix store boxing day sale and im out of cash.

Anyway here's pic of it I took with my iphone. Sorry about the quality:
11ce5003.jpg

I think its so versatile because:
Its black so it goes with whatever colour shirt and tie and very modern and cool and very slimming.
The cut is vey slim too.
It has a notch lapel on a peak lapel and the notch lapel part is satin shiny. So it can work as a business suit as well as a tuxedo for formal dinners.
2 button jacket.
Shorter length jacket can wear as sports jacket with jeans to hit the clubs on those saturday nights.
Soit can be dressed way up orway down and for all occasions.
What do you gentlemen thjnk?

Oh happy holidays.

Lightbringer

Reaction score
Black is not generally SF-Approved. There appears to be something wrong with the cut, but i am not sure exactly what. Perhaps it is the fabric, which looks a bit cheap from the shot.

Matt S

Reaction score
Does it have both side vents and a centre vent? Any less than 3 vents and I would be disappointed.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to buy an over-priced, poorly-made suit that will probably only last for one season (and which is a very seasonal style, in any case), then go for it.

Calibre makes pretty awful stuff - it's disposable fashion, although it's not particularly cheap. If you do buy the suit, make sure you get it on sale. I suppose that it depends where you work, but I'd never wear a Calibre suit to work.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why they forgot to put a patched chest pocket on it? By doing so it will be much more versatile!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fugly

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
It has a notch lapel on a peak lapel and the notch lapel part is satin shiny. So it can work as a business suit as well as a tuxedo for formal dinners.

It looks cheap, tacky, fashion-forward, and most certainly not suitable for a business.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
It looks cheap, tacky, fashion-forward, and most certainly not suitable for a business.

unless you are a cheap, tacky, fashion-forward businessman.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt S
Does it have both side vents and a centre vent? Any less than 3 vents and I would be disappointed.
I could be wrong, of course, but I suspect that blahman was being sarcastic. Nevertheless, I strongly support the idea of adding side and center vents to a suit that has both notch and peak lapels.

cgo

Reaction score
you spent $1000+ in politix???

You haven't been lurking long enough in SF i take it otherwise you'd spend nowhere near that much money in such a brand. I am sorry to say but if you think you are having a good deal from Politix at Boxing Day...well you are not if you consider the quality and what you can get with the same money

But then again it depends on your style. I'd have to say any of these Australian brands are way overpriced and the quality is just not there. Perhaps the only two Oz brand worth considering are Herringbone (on sale) and MJ Bale...

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh oh I learned the hard way Black is shunned upon by 8/10 SFers. Sorry man

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It would work if you are 25, eastern European, a smash hit on the club scene, and have never really read much of the SF groupthink here.

Oh, would look great with a pair of slightly yellowed python loafers too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics