• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clae Shoes

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with them? What's the quality like? Materials and construction? is it made in china or made in vietnam over-priced junk? Or comparable to yuketens and the like?

any advice gratefully appreciated.

KeepItCln

Reaction score
Made in China assembled in Korea. Shoes are great considering they are typically marked below retail.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
LOL.

I actually like Clae for Sneakers, they are made well, have clean lines without logos, and stand up to longterm wear...but are you really asking if they are comparable to Yuketen?

yes, that's what i asked...since that's what my gift certificate giver told me.

i guess not.
frown.gif

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
yes, that's what i asked...since that's what my gift certificate giver told me.

i guess not.
frown.gif

Your gift giver is misinformed if he thinks any sneakers are like Yuketen.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with them? What's the quality like? Materials and construction? is it made in china or made in vietnam over-priced junk? Or comparable to yuketens and the like?

any advice gratefully appreciated.

no, they are not comparable to yuketens. well, no more then a ford is comparable to a porsche.

your really not even comparing the same thing buddy
smile.gif

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
no, they are not comparable to yuketens. well, no more then a ford is comparable to a porsche.

your really not even comparing the same thing buddy
smile.gif

you seem informed...can you enlighten me a little futher please? what do you mean, not comparing the same thing?

forStyle

Reaction score
I got a pair of clae diego. very comfortable inside. soft and cushioned.

The shoes' bottoms are marked by L and R.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
yuketens are considered one of the best hand-made leather shoe companies at the moment. at least for traditional boots and the such... and are priced accordingly at ~300 and up

clae.. yeah.
i dont know much about clae, but they're not hand made or made in the us, nor do they use super high quality leather.. etc etc etc

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you seem informed...can you enlighten me a little futher please? what do you mean, not comparing the same thing?
yuketens are unique from other shoe makers in many respects. first, many yuketens are made using a very unique shoe making technique that few people use these days because its very time consuming. second, the designs are made out of very high quality leather(s), which not only last a long time and very durable but also get better with wear. yuketens are designed for the user to wear for many years. third, most of his shoes have a stitched sole, which is rare in a typical lace-up. these are just a few things that make them unique. you have quoddy, oak street bootmakers as well as a handful of other companies that use this same type of shoe making process. im sure clae's are great shoes but they use different shoe making processes.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
yuketens are considered one of the best hand-made leather shoe companies at the moment. at least for traditional boots and the such... and are priced accordingly at ~300 and up clae.. yeah. i dont know much about clae, but they're not hand made or made in the us, nor do they use super high quality leather.. etc etc etc
i would agree they are one of the better companies that produce this type of footwear ... along with quoddy and oak street bootmakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads