• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Are we talking of the same pair on the website?

These :
16330.JPG

I can understand $1300 for a full skin, sure, but this patchy, leftover scrapwork shoe for that money, especially from a brand not noted for their ultra high quality shoes, seems iffy.

stewartu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellison
Who is this Harvard tool? I am ashamed for him.

This is where unsold bath mats go to die.

stewartu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whymakemedothis
goes well with this

681940713_Wf6tj-X2.jpg

THIS is where unsold bath mats go to die.

Perun

Reaction score
I have recently bought a pair of Fennix 3253's.
ASH03420.jpg
Personally I think it's a shame about the laces (and oh yes, I hate shoelaces), but since they'll be covered by my pants most of the time, it shouldn't pose much of a problem. An excellent example of alligator shoes, if you ask me, and very affordable, at just 550$.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Perun
I have recently bought a pair of Fennix 3253's.

Personally I think it's a shame about the laces (and oh yes, I hate shoelaces), but since they'll be covered by my pants most of the time, it shouldn't pose much of a problem.

the fact that they have laces instead of slip-on is the only mildly redeeming quality. they are ******* horrible in every other regard.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^those shoes are hideous.

For JayJay to say that, they must really be ugly
lol8[1].gif

Swan Song

Reaction score
Another necropost.....but after searching the Forum, this is the best thread for my contribution.

Received today and conditioned then took these pictures. Seller had no idea what they held in their hands. A 45-50 year old Masterpiece of styling and workmanship..

Florsheim Custom Order Imperial Alligator Norwegian. Beveled waist, channelled/skived sole in a nicely aged medium brown patina. Beautifully matched skins, toe to counters and excellent finishing.

Original heel/sole and minimal wear to the rubber edge.

Classic elegance imho.

Yes I like alligator. Have other classic representations, but this is the Special One.

Maybe this will kick start another round of contributions and comments.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Another necropost.....but after searching the Forum, this is the best thread for my contribution.
Received today and conditioned then took these pictures. Seller had no idea what they held in their hands. A 45-50 year old Masterpiece of styling and workmanship..
Florsheim Custom Order Imperial Alligator Norwegian. Beveled waist, channelled/skived sole in a nicely aged medium brown patina. Beautifully matched skins, toe to counters and excellent finishing.
Original heel/sole and minimal wear to the rubber edge.
Classic elegance imho.
Yes I like alligator. Have other classic representations, but this is the Special One.
Maybe this will kick start another round of contributions and comments.

You are right = great bookmatching of the skins and don't forget this was normal in those days. The skins themselves will also be superior. This was a common split toe design treatment for reptile in the 60s. I have a pair of Nettletons just like them.

Last edited:

Swan Song

Reaction score
"Normal" only in the context of Custom Special Order shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads