• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
I'm aware of this.

Happy Holidays, EG, and best wishes for the New Year.

Merry Christmas to you and the missus and the little Voxbera hisself likewise.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I had April in Paris make me a breast wallet a few years back. I don't really use it, but I'll try to post a picture anyway. From what I have seen, their leather goods are a bit better made these days than H, and the service is a pleasure. Oh, leathers are the same.

You should make Maf do do some lewd act for it.

juliette2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Leather
nest.gif

I doubt the original tPF was made with malice. Poitron just isn't that bitchy. Its actually rather common to post blogs and other forum posts as a way to get conversation started - and think of how many dozens of threads there are about bad customer service.

I think this one exploded as dramatically as it did is because SF is occasionally aware of tPF, especially after the Debacle of '07.

There is an arriviste element to the Hermes group - there are also the equestrians, the goths and the geeks.

I for one am enjoying the brouhaha, and will probably continue to harass these gentlemen. (I'm already at pg 102 of the Watch P0rn thread!)

"As a way to get the conversation started"? True in one respect....as a way to start a conversation putting others down. One of the favorite sports in that sub-forum.

The "dramatic explosion" (that's such a sad description) ocurred because of the overarching need by certain tPFers to reinforce their delusion that they are superior to others because the stitched-together pieces of leather they use to carry their crap around cost a certain amount of money, or sport a certain name or because they had to play the game of spend-x-amount-on-scarves-and-trinkets-and-then-MAYBE-we'll-deem-you-worthy-of-a-birkin.

I am - sadly - very familiar with ALL of the elements of that sub-forum. There are many women who either buy Hermes or have the financial wherewithal to buy it, who read sometimes in that sub-forum, but who decline to post because of the cliqueish, rude and ridiculous behaviour engaged in by certain members. Behaviour that were it directed at them, they would start a thread lamenting how people were being so mean to them - pout, pout - which would be followed by many posts of "oh, you poor thing, you".

I would say, however, that that thread is the best thread going in the Hermes sub-forum. Not because of the insecure women who must do such things as pervert the screen name of one you to gentleman so that they can get in another feeble dig (changing the poster's screen name to "Icky").....but because the gentlemen bring a refreshing air of intelligence, information, and self-confidence to a forum that's usually full of posts whose messages are simply variations of "Ooooh, pretty!" and "I am SOMEBODY because I carry X brand".

But enough about tPF. I am much more interested in further exploring THIS forum. I find it fascinating, intelligent, educational and entertaining. (Plus, guys can have varying opinions and just move on instead of getting their little feelings hurt. Love that)

I do believe I am going to have to up my game in order to participate further here, however. I have smoked a cigar or two in my time (don't tell my doc, the lecture would never end), but I can't discuss them with the intelligence of the men here. But I am loving the education I am getting here. Thanks, guys!

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Merry Christmas to you and the missus and the little Voxbera hisself likewise.

Thank you, and best to you, EG.

Originally Posted by wiimii
Hence the idea of MBT, Mystery Bespoke Tailor

As the inventor of this term, I should disagree with you, but that would not be very Christmas-y.

Originally Posted by juliette2000
(Plus, guys can have varying opinions and just move on instead of getting their little feelings hurt. Love that)

That is, indeed, a shining beacon of the Style Forum.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
Thank you, and best to you, EG.

As the inventor of this term, I should disagree with you, but that would not be very Christmas-y.

That is, indeed, a shining beacon of the Style Forum.

Wait, is Corbera VOX?????

Vintage Leather

Reaction score
Great Decacle of '07

Back when both forums were young, and people were idiots about Internet security, a Purse Forum member posted pictures of herself. Many pictures of herself.
She was shocked and appalled when a Style Forum member copied those pictures, and created a rather stalkerish thread over here.

After a series of curses, comments, and significant mod intervention, much was deleted.

I was but a newbie to the forum at the time - I remember it mostly because almost overnight, the restrictions on sharing and viewing pictures tightened.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"As a way to get the conversation started"? True in one respect....as a way to start a conversation putting others down. One of the favorite sports in that sub-forum.

The "dramatic explosion" (that's such a sad description) ocurred because of the overarching need by certain tPFers to reinforce their delusion that they are superior to others because the stitched-together pieces of leather they use to carry their crap around cost a certain amount of money, or sport a certain name or because they had to play the game of spend-x-amount-on-scarves-and-trinkets-and-then-MAYBE-we'll-deem-you-worthy-of-a-birkin.

I am - sadly - very familiar with ALL of the elements of that sub-forum. There are many women who either buy Hermes or have the financial wherewithal to buy it, who read sometimes in that sub-forum, but who decline to post because of the cliqueish, rude and ridiculous behaviour engaged in by certain members. Behaviour that were it directed at them, they would start a thread lamenting how people were being so mean to them - pout, pout - which would be followed by many posts of "oh, you poor thing, you".

I would say, however, that that thread is the best thread going in the Hermes sub-forum. Not because of the insecure women who must do such things as pervert the screen name of one you to gentleman so that they can get in another feeble dig (changing the poster's screen name to "Icky").....but because the gentlemen bring a refreshing air of intelligence, information, and self-confidence to a forum that's usually full of posts whose messages are simply variations of "Ooooh, pretty!" and "I am SOMEBODY because I carry X brand".

But enough about tPF. I am much more interested in further exploring THIS forum. I find it fascinating, intelligent, educational and entertaining. (Plus, guys can have varying opinions and just move on instead of getting their little feelings hurt. Love that)

I do believe I am going to have to up my game in order to participate further here, however. I have smoked a cigar or two in my time (don't tell my doc, the lecture would never end), but I can't discuss them with the intelligence of the men here. But I am loving the education I am getting here. Thanks, guys!

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

nice to see ppl who can take snarking. welcome. stick around.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great Decacle of '07

Back when both forums were young, and people were idiots about Internet security, a Purse Forum member posted pictures of herself. Many pictures of herself.
She was shocked and appalled when a Style Forum member copied those pictures, and created a rather stalkerish thread over here.

After a series of curses, comments, and significant mod intervention, much was deleted.

I was but a newbie to the forum at the time - I remember it mostly because almost overnight, the restrictions on sharing and viewing pictures tightened.

link to pics ?????
bounce2.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
SF wasn't that young in 2007.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
guys can have varying opinions and just move on instead of getting their little feelings hurt.

We can? When did this happen?

GucciMonster

Reaction score
Great Decacle of '07

Pics or don't bother bringing your old maid fables to SF.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I had April in Paris make me a breast wallet a few years back. I don't really use it, but I'll try to post a picture anyway. From what I have seen, their leather goods are a bit better made these days than H, and the service is a pleasure. Oh, leathers are the same.

I met her once at Bergdorf. Very nice lady and very eager to discuss her work. What would say is better about her workmanship?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads