• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cakeymakeybakey
Honestly, the original context of my post is getting totally lost in a "our forum members have fatter wallets than your forum members" pissing contest.

I could really give a **** how much money is won, lost, given away, or lavishly frittered on horological wonders by the dudes here on SF. The point I was trying to make in my post #473 is that none of us should judge a book by its cover. My "tea at Bergdorf's" tale was merely a response to the allegation by one of you that Purse Forum members don't seem to fit the "exclusive" mold. Don't you get it -- there is no mold or type for the people who like to own luxury goods, and that my table of friends probably looked like they could have been meeting for coffee at Dunkin Donuts even though our closets all contain very expensive handbags. I wasn't trying to drop dollar signs, or impress y'all with how much we can afford.

But if you like that kind of pecker-matching, so be it. On tPF, we have women with multi-million dollar closet stashes, people who could buy and sell most of Seoul, and a few Hollywood A-listers. Happy now?

Oh! Well, if that's the case, then welcome!

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: cakeymakeybakey

Stream of consciousness is part and parcel of SF. Both a boon and a bane.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

But if you like that kind of pecker-matching, so be it. On tPF, we have women with multi-million dollar closet stashes, people who could buy and sell most of Seoul, and a few Hollywood A-listers. Happy now?

There are bespoke tailors here who pay their apprentices in kimchi. There are members who date a few Hollywood B-listers (well, D.). We have dudes who can buy and sell the parts of Seoul that your members don't buy and sell. We also have men who are still in their closets.

Am I happy now? I am always happy, partially because my H SAs are attentive.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My SAs are at JCP.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Seriously?

Just click on the poster's name, selection "find other posts", and skim. Takes seconds.

Please. I have my SA do that for me.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the original context of my post is getting totally lost in a "our forum members have fatter wallets than your forum members" pissing contest.
You mean how even the most civilised discussion in Current Events turns into an epic poo flinging contest within approx 7 posts?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

This is what happens when you don't know the forum language. The 250k middle class thing is a running joke here as is the Degas and the inheritance thing.

Pro tip, take everything Vox/F. Corbera posts with an immense helping of salt. In fact, it's just best to assume he's taking the piss at all times.

Vintage Leather

Reaction score
We have a Festivus party in the other thread. I think we've pretty much hit the same point in this one, with slightly different feats of strength.

The fact I am viewing this as interesting entertainment is probably sad.

cakeymakeybakey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
This is what happens when you don't know the forum language. The 250k middle class thing is a running joke here as is the Degas and the inheritance thing.

Pro tip, take everything Vox/F. Corbera posts with an immense helping of salt. In fact, it's just best to assume he's taking the piss at all times.

Ah, thanks for enlightening me. I'll take that under advisement.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal

plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads