• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brady vs. Manning: The Final Battle

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fwiffo
I'll repeat what a mate of mine said:

Put Manning on a low quality team and he will make the team better.
Put Brady on a low quality team and the team will still be low quality.

Your mate is an idiot.

Originally Posted by NorCal
Also Belicheick made a deal with Satan which always helps a team in the short run.

rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by thekunk07
you peyton dickriders are just jealous of tom's life and can relate to peyton's ugliness and loveless marriage

This.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soxpats
The difference between Brady and Manning is Brady will win the big games more often. Brady over manning any day if you want to win Super Bowls.

I think the entire purpose of this debate is to use a sample size larger than 5 games to determine an outcome.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Cassel is actually a good QB (of course, he learned from the best). Can't fault Brady for having a good backup. Cassel is one of the top five or so QBs in the league right now... And the Pats were playing an easy schedule. So your argument just fails.
You're right that Cassel is not an epic scrub or anything but he is not top 5, not even close. It was only about a month ago that the Chiefs were wondering if they should can him and go in another direction. Patriots have a better team and better football operations than anyone else in a generation. Seriously the model franchise. See Moss, Seymor, et all. Brady is a very good player but he benefits hugely from that. Peyton is also basically a in game OC and that gives him another bump in my mind.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
plus **** boston in general

+100000. Isnt this what any and all treads having to do with Boston sports should start with? New England as a whole complains too damn much about being losers. First it was the Red Sox 86 years without a WS, well you finally did what "the evil empire" did and purchased one. (Now STFU)

Then it was the Boston Bruins, I remember the late 90's when Ray Bourque had to run (not walk) out of town just to chase a championship because he knew Boston wasn't doing ****. Also playing hockey in Boston seems to turn you into a thug (see Marty McSorley) I'm not saying he was a saint before he got to Boston, but he wasn't a felon until he played there.

Before Tom Brady the only thing the New England Patriots were famous for was having the second most gay old school helmet (followed only by Tampa Bay) and for being destroyed by the Bears in the Super Bowl. William Perry scored a touchdown on you fools!! But good job keeping Payton in check that game, what did you lose by 40pts?? In the Super Bowl??? The only other time I felt that sad for the losing team was when the 49ers crushed the Chargers.

The Celtics are the Celtics, you had arguably one of the top 3 players in the histoty of Basketball in Bill Russell and the city treated him like ****. Welcome to Boston.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Plus, none of these motherfuckers is Steve Young.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Brady's knee injury this year was something he could not help. There is no fault to be had, but it did take what could have been a good year for him, away.

LOL, brilliant analysis, real current.

So, I will now look at the career statistics of both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Peyton Manning: 3,839-of-5,960 for 45,628 yards, 333 TD passes, 165 INT's, 309 rushing attempts, 717 rushing yards, 17 rushing TD's, 52 fumbles (17 lost), and was sacked 205 times.

Tom Brady: 2,301-for-3,653 for 26,446 yards, 197 TD passes, 86 INT's, 276 rushing attempts, 533 rushing yards, 5 rushing TD's, 65 fumbles (29 lost), and was sacked 203 times.

These numbers don't appear to be current either.

So you conveniently leave out this season, which arguably for Brady is the third best QB season in history (the other two owned by Brady in 2007 and Manning in 2004). Clever.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
LOL, brilliant analysis, real current. These numbers don't appear to be current either. So you conveniently leave out this season, which arguably for Brady is the third best QB season in history (the other two owned by Brady in 2007 and Manning in 2004). Clever.
I know Brady is having a better year. But I don't see why this season would be weighted higher than the other........ten or so seasons they've each played. The article is from this off-season.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know Brady is having a better year. But I don't see why this season would be weighted higher than the other........ten or so seasons they've each played. The article is from this off-season.

If it's from the off season, then why does it say Brady's knee injury happened this year? It was two seasons ago -- 2008.

You know, the season after Brady finally got a HoF receiver and had the greatest single season in QB history.

Maybe we should use an article from 2005 so we don't have to inclue 2007 either.

rolleyes.gif

Obviously we should be comparing the most current stats -- not old ones.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Plus, none of these motherfuckers is Steve Young.

Word. These two could never scramble for 20 yards like Young could. That's who taught Vick.

soxpats

Reaction score
If it's from the off season, then why does it say Brady's knee injury happened this year? It was two seasons ago -- 2008.

You know, the season after Brady finally got a HoF receiver and had the greatest single season in QB history.

Maybe we should use an article from 2005 so we don't have to inclue 2007 either.

rolleyes.gif

Obviously we should be comparing the most current stats -- not old ones.

Why would he include up to date stats. That wouldn't support his argument. Brady over Manning any day of the week, especially Sundays, Monday nights and any Playoff game.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
**** you Vox. Why come into a perfectly good pointless football argument in the grand tradition and crap it up with this unfunny, unoriginal shite?

To infuriate you.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you have double the amount of baseball teams, football teams, and just as infuriating hockey and basketball teams to complain/be sad/be embarrassed/be infuriated about in your neck of the woods.... why add complaining about boston sports fans on top of it?
blush.gif

i'm just happy about all the teams doing well and enjoy watching. but it does suck when they lose when winning or losing... either way when your local team that you root for loses is stinks.

oh yeah i was born in boston, grew up in rhode island, and am a boston sports fan through and through but peyton manning is better than tom brady in a pure football/statistical/machine-like sense.

but brady just gets how to rally his team around him and work a situation better he has a better coach at the helm. he'll still get in teammates faces, but its more for team aspects rather than individual embarrassment.

peyton manning still gets the often mentioned "manning face" and happy feet (and eli kinda does too) where when the **** hits the fan (like he might lose) he starts to almost implode (because of all the hard work he put in might be for naught)... he gets angry at himself and it almost looks like he's disgusted with his teammates (for not living up to his high standard - which most of the time is actually true).

so in effect manning is a better qb. he can do whatever brady does even better football wise. but real world results and team management goes to brady (and since football is a team sport - you can see the difference).

Originally Posted by Slopho
+100000. Isnt this what any and all treads having to do with Boston sports should start with? New England as a whole complains too damn much about being losers. First it was the Red Sox 86 years without a WS, well you finally did what "the evil empire" did and purchased one. (Now STFU)

Then it was the Boston Bruins, I remember the late 90's when Ray Bourque had to run (not walk) out of town just to chase a championship because he knew Boston wasn't doing ****. Also playing hockey in Boston seems to turn you into a thug (see Marty McSorley) I'm not saying he was a saint before he got to Boston, but he wasn't a felon until he played there.

Before Tom Brady the only thing the New England Patriots were famous for was having the second most gay old school helmet (followed only by Tampa Bay) and for being destroyed by the Bears in the Super Bowl. William Perry scored a touchdown on you fools!! But good job keeping Payton in check that game, what did you lose by 40pts?? In the Super Bowl??? The only other time I felt that sad for the losing team was when the 49ers crushed the Chargers.

The Celtics are the Celtics, you had arguably one of the top 3 players in the histoty of Basketball in Bill Russell and the city treated him like ****. Welcome to Boston.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
oh yeah i was born in boston, grew up in rhode island, and am a boston sports fan through and through but peyton manning is better than tom brady in a pure football/statistical/machine-like sense.

**** that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics