• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
can't tell if it's any good since you're wearing it open with pretty incongruent clothes
Here is a pic of it closed. I didn't include one before since I'm not planning on wearing it that way. As far as the rest of the clothes, no matter how I tried adjusting the light or the flash, the blazer always came out completely blacked out. So instead of trying to do a real fit I just went with contrasting colors so the shape of the blazer would stand out.
IMG_1452_cr.jpg

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
thanks, but any explanation.. i dont necessarily have to WEAR them with denim, i think they're pretty shoes after my <3

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by genericman
I'm debating if I should keep the ankle boot since I'm not really a big fan of the color. It's a light brown leather with this season's white wash treatment which comes off as grey to me. Also, I just picked up a Paul Smith Cukor (Yorks) in Smoke Black and it works for a smarter look such as work and casual. I was hoping to pick up some Motos or W+H service boots as my casual, rugged boot. Not sure if I can pull these shoes off... Thoughts?
DSCN1550.jpg
DSCN1549.jpg
DSCN1552.jpg
DSCN1551.jpg
DSCN1554.jpg

Did you get these from thecorner or MMM shop or somewhere else? Does the white coating eventually wear off (like the paper applique GATs) or does it seem more permanent? I quite like these but have been waiting to see if they get discounted further. Also considering PS Timur which is more of a true grey color, but I feel like the strap/buckle detail makes these more interesting.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
really like the boots. I think you can probably do something more interesting with them than raw jeans (?) tho

genericman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Did you get these from thecorner or MMM shop or somewhere else? Does the white coating eventually wear off (like the paper applique GATs) or does it seem more permanent? I quite like these but have been waiting to see if they get discounted further. Also considering PS Timur which is more of a true grey color, but I feel like the strap/buckle detail makes these more interesting.
i picked them up from the corner and the white coating is the same as the gats. they start to rub off a bit, but not to the point where it comes of the brown leathers. i didnt bother to rub too much as that would ruin the treatment. i have pair of cukors and those are amazing. works perfectly for casual and work. these mmm are a bit too light for my liking, and doesnt seem to work with my aesthetics. i was hoping this to work with trousers, but they are just too bulky/clunky. they remind of this when i wear them...well maybe not that exaggerated:
29ksumq.jpg
in all, i find that MMM boots (such as the zip ups and south french "beautiful" boots) look better in pictures than worn. maybe it's because I have more of a minimalist, prep aesthetic. maybe i dont have enough swagger....it's probably that.
Originally Posted by Synthese
really like the boots. I think you can probably do something more interesting with them than raw jeans (?) tho
thoughts? these do look better with slim wool trousers, button up, and some large outerwear say trench/chesterfield/leather much like the official lookbook. i was hoping for some versatility, but i think the button gives it too much edge for a work setting

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by genericman
I'm debating if I should keep the ankle boot since I'm not really a big fan of the color. It's a light brown leather with this season's white wash treatment which comes off as grey to me.
Also, I just picked up a Paul Smith Cukor (Yorks) in Smoke Black and it works for a smarter look such as work and casual. I was hoping to pick up some Motos or W+H service boots as my casual, rugged boot. Not sure if I can pull these shoes off... Thoughts?

DSCN1554.jpg

Ditch the gray ankle boots for a pair of black W+H service boots. Those ankle boots radiate an odd upscale/mature/formal stuffiness that I would find off-putting in most casual fits. Guarantee you the service boot would look far better with those jeans in your pic.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Here is a pic of it closed. I didn't include one before since I'm not planning on wearing it that way. As far as the rest of the clothes, no matter how I tried adjusting the light or the flash, the blazer always came out completely blacked out. So instead of trying to do a real fit I just went with contrasting colors so the shape of the blazer would stand out.

IMG_1452_cr.jpg

The cut on that Raf blazer is extremely similar to Lad Musician blazers. I suspect if you pair it with some matching slim tapered trousers everything will come together and start to look sharp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads