• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ how tall are you?? VERY few people have a 34" inseam when their strides are worn with no break, which staprest should. You'd have to be like 6'4"+ to have a 34" no break inseam. a 32" staprest inseam should suffice for most guys up to 6'2"

Big Muscle

Reaction score
I am 194 cm tall, a little bit more than average
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
gotcha, about 6'4" then...yea i guess the 32 inseam is gonna be a bit short on you

**unless you wear boots with them and have the strides be a bit highwater to show off the boot....I like to hem my "only gonna wear with boots staprest" about 1-1.5" shorter than normal

skacore

Reaction score
Just from the pic it has a pleather look to it compared to its price. Looking for a light bomber for Spring/Fall season.

skacore

Reaction score
Thanks, just what I'm looking for. I kept coming up with what looked more like a track jacket listed as a bomber. Any idea if this jacket runs true to size? Ever have any issues with shipping to US from this company?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skacore
Thanks, just what I'm looking for. I kept coming up with what looked more like a track jacket listed as a bomber. Any idea if this jacket runs true to size? Ever have any issues with shipping to US from this company?

I always find it pays to buy one size larger than you would think. However, you're a long way away to effect a return if necessary. I would ask the company what they recommend.

As a point of style, it's worth remembering that "back in the day" (late mid 60s) a bomber/monkey jacket was most often worn open, and the elasticated bottom had the effect of giving it a blouson shape.

skacore

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, do you find yourself sporting a bomber on occasion?

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skacore
Thanks for the tip, do you find yourself sporting a bomber on occasion?

I have toyed with the idea of buying one myself, but being 60 y/o I have to be careful how I cover my middle-age spread!
laugh.gif

skacore

Reaction score
For what its worth I was just x-mas shopping yesterday and observed a gentleman in his late 50s sporting a bomber jacket and oxblood shoes. We briefly spoke as we stood in line. He told me he only recently updated his bomber jacket, and what the price dif. was from his original.

Southlondongent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
rather than that waxed bomber, why not the regular cotton monkey jacket (bomber)

Navy or Light grey

Nice but it's a shame the current FP monkey jackets don't have the elastic piping around the bottom that the previous one's had. Also not too keen on those zipped pockets.

I had a few vintage mj's down the years. My fave is a vintage navy blue with navy/light blue/cream piping (collars/cuffs/bottom). I've had it for about 15 years and the label is from a shop in Melbourne, Oz so could well have belonged to a Sharpie back in the day!

N.B. Typed in Fred Perry Monkey Jacket into google and the 4th pic is a certain well-known SF member!
wink.gif

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southlondongent
N.B. Typed in Fred Perry Monkey Jacket into google and the 4th pic is a certain well-known SF member!
wink.gif

Came up 1st when I did it! Superstar, eh?

32708picfy2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads