• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
jetkops greater than anus
does not compute

uranus

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mostly B&S finds.
tumblr_ldv54fXGc41qcozvjo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ldv4xb9Zn21qcozvjo1_500.jpg
CMRTYZ
ulhZG.jpg
jfZQM.jpg
W+H
5258965959_8cdcd8367d_z.jpg
NDG
0,1425,i=262805,00.jpg
edit: and ****, how could I forget? Perhaps the best cop of them all...
ghostface-apollo-kids+%25281%2529.jpg

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Depends. How do you feel in it? The shoulders look small on the left, and passable in the middle/right. Looks strange completely unzipped. Nice looking zipped - nice leather.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got both sizes of the Margiela zip up. The 48 fits better - I think that you have to wear it either oversized or tight, and to wear it oversized, I'd need to go to 52. The 50 fits in some places, is small in others, is large in yet others - just a little awkward.

So, the size 50 Eu one is going back unless one of you guys wants it for my cost+shipping. It apparently weighs over 4 lbs, so shipping won't be super cheap, but at $470+$25 to $30 for shipping (USPS priority with insurance and delivery confirmation, can't use a fixed rate box), it's still $50 under what Yoox will put in on for. I doubt it will go under what I paid.

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=3...L&sts=orders80

PM me. Otherwise it goes back tomorrow.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Need opinions, too small?

Keep it.

1) Rider jackets (and really, most motorcycle jackets) were designed to be super fitted. You may as well wear as originally conceived.

2) Leather always stretches over time. It looks pretty good now, and will mold to look awesome in after a couple of weeks of wear.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Keep it.

1) Rider jackets (and really, most motorcycle jackets) were designed to be super fitted. You may as well wear as originally conceived.

2) Leather always stretches over time. It looks pretty good now, and will mold to look awesome in after a couple of weeks of wear.

Cool, sounds good to me.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Depends. How do you feel in it? The shoulders look small on the left, and passable in the middle/right. Looks strange completely unzipped. Nice looking zipped - nice leather.

It's actually very comfortable, my RO actually feels tighter (probably because of the higher armhole). I thought I wouldn't be able to move much but the leather is pretty soft and I can move well in it. I think it looks weird because when I received it, it was still sealed in a bag and doesn't have those lapel-like folds (not sure what it's called).

Binker

Reaction score
hows the leather on that five zip, color and quality wise? I think the color looks heinous in the yoox pictures, but then again everything does

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
hows the leather on that five zip, color and quality wise? I think the color looks heinous in the yoox pictures, but then again everything does

The leather is really soft lambskin. Drew can attest to that. The color is darker toned than shown - Drew called it "dried blood", but it's not super dark (unlike some years.) It's like a washed out dried blood. It is more matte in person than in the Yoox pictures. I really like it. My wife really likes it. Once of my best friends hates it. It's definitely not for everyone. My monitor sucks though, so I'm not sure that my comparison is really going to make anyone happy.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Yeah, it all really takes a lot of time and $$$. It took me about 2 years to finally settle on things/looks/brands/fit I like and I'm sure it will keep changing, but took time nonetheless.

Feel free to post some looks with the shoes. I was intrigued by them when I saw them too, but had other items on the list so I didn't pick them up. I assume they fit the same as the sneakers?

Yea the fit on CPs on my feet can be a bit strange. Got a pair of white achilles lows in 42 thats too big, a gum sole achilles in 42 thats alright, a 5 hole slip on in 41 thats good, and the combat boots are good in 41. these are 42 and are a tad bit big but wearable. So yeah lol.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Krane Ayling
kb2Ih.jpg
Most of my kops from a few pages ago are being returned
frown.gif
Butteros too big, Acne kinda meh (except for a shirt).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads