• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the sales associate was reciting from some memorized corporate playbook is all...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the bag lady is seriously face palm
Okay, anybody who knows anything about Hermes (I know the boys on the other side don't like it when I say "H", they think it's something cultish) knows that an SA would just be confused by asking for pebbled calfskin anything. I also promised not to post anymore on this thread. If Mr. Foo knew the slightest bit about Hermes, he would know that Hermes has tons of leathers, some embossed, some grained, some smoothed, but pebbled? What is that? Would it be clemence or togo? Or epsom? How would the poor SA know, she did not know how to react. Mr. Foo probably did not no anything about what he wanted or he would have asked for the proper name of the leather and the name of the wallet. Perhaps he just wanted to join the Hermes club by purchasing something inexpensive from Hermes just so he could show if off. Just a thought.
god. this woman is infuriating. joining the hermes club by buying something cheap to show off? seriously a $2000 wallet? if foo knew the slightest about hermes he would have to know their code words for widely available colors and leathers?
facepalm5.jpg
i hope i never meet anybody like her.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
******* french,they really are the worst

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
All you guys talking about building special relationships with SAs or having to cross a certain dollar threshold in purchases are either blowing hot air or simply off the mark.

I just received an e-mail from the SA notifying me that she thinks they can do the order, but they need final confirmation from Paris.

I believe someone alerted this hermes store and SA of the shitstorm brewing here in the forums and decided to email you to try and save some face considering the derision being heaped upon their brand.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
I believe someone alerted this hermes store and SA of the shitstorm brewing here in the forums and decided to email you to try and save some face considering the derision being heaped upon their brand.

Well, shucks, if that's true, starting this thread was a pretty good idea.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10

Oh really?

Then I really pity Hermes as an establishment, caving into some baseless gripes on some anonymous forum.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cakeymakeybakey
I went to tea at Bergdorf's with a few members of the Purse Forum, and if you had walked by our table, you would never have suspected that the motley crew of women sitting there collectively owned over $100,000 in Hermès leather bags.

Ms. cakeymakeybakey, a very amusing story. You should be forewarned, however, that on Style Forum, anything under $250,000 is middle class.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I received a call from the owner of Ben Silver after I started one of these type of threads. Their actions, in my case, were much more egregious.

Sometimes this can be effective.

what happened in your case? or the thread that explains it.

im curious, because i recall something about the owner of ben silver being an ahole.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If foo walked in to the store and I was an SA...I probably wouldn't help him out. Just kidding...

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good luck with this moving forward, Foo. With the level of quality and detail you expect of your clothing, Hermes, and I don't care how long they've been around, should be flattered to have your business.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Wait... Foo is buying an Arse wallet? For his breast? Jeebuz, this **** writes it's self.

laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads