• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Caron 3rd Man today. Another great scent that I often forget about.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Does is smell a bit like wood smoke? The fragrance is actually a room spray, but I wear it on my skin.

Yep! Kinda like a fireplace and cigars. My wife does not like it.
laugh.gif

415YrS-eSeL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wearing Rose 31 today.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mariooo
villoresi sandalo
satisfied.gif

I always liked that one... one of my favorite sandalwood scents. In fact, I like most Villoresi I've tried; he's not the most easy wearing or versatile house, but really has some lovely ones (Piper Nigrum, for example)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Today: pulled a small decant of Cartier Declaration. Better than I remembered.
Originally Posted by Dane
My favourite.
inlove.gif

Really?
confused.gif
Originally Posted by PITAronin
Lutens Borneo for me today
How is this?
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Guerlain Nahema.
Most of the BN reviews list this as a rose-ish scent. How's it rate on the rose meter?
Originally Posted by Mariooo
villoresi sandalo
satisfied.gif

Excellent
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I always liked that one... one of my favorite sandalwood scents. In fact, I like most Villoresi I've tried; he's not the most easy wearing or versatile house, but really has some lovely ones (Piper Nigrum, for example)
+1. Have you ever tried his Musk. Very nice. The Uomo and Vetiver generally get good reviews but I didn't really think they were anything special.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quick question: Does anybody know what happened to the Basenotes fragrance directory? Almost all of the scents used to have that little note pyramid and now almost none of them do. I realized when I looked up L'In's Guerlain that I was shocked at seeing it.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

Most of the BN reviews list this as a rose-ish scent. How's it rate on the rose meter?

It's a very sparkly, aldehydic rose with a fairly prominent peach note. The peach is especially strong at the opening; as it recedes, the rose stands out more. I like it a lot, but I'm not sure I would wear it very often if I had a whole bottle. It's very feminine. I think it's definitely worth sampling, though.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
+1. Have you ever tried his Musk. Very nice. The Uomo and Vetiver generally get good reviews but I didn't really think they were anything special.
Totally forgot about Musk! I had a whole bottle of that one. Really lovely. I went through a musk phase and tried all kinds, and found his really a wearable, lovely one. Also Incensi was a standout scent (incense, obviously). Never tried Vetiver or Uomo; I got stuck on Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire and so never expanded much after finding it, and as for "uomo" I found the name so boring I never gave it a sniff. (haha) For the polar opposite musk experience, Keiko Mecheri musc was interesting. VERY arid, dry, but really warmed up with body heat.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ considered that but went with Caron Pour Une Homme today. Hadn't worn it in forever.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stizzyle
Polo Black... It's long lasting and subtle, don't hate. (inb4 willpower)

Polo Black is as good as it gets, no two ways about it. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm "putting on airs" or "acting above my station" whenever I wear it.

I'm wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain today. I've never been able to pick out a single fragrance as my favorite, but this one just might be it.

Are the other Tauers this good? This is the only one I've tried so far.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Polo Black is as good as it gets, no two ways about it. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm "putting on airs" or "acting above my station" whenever I wear it.

I'm wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain today. I've never been able to pick out a single fragrance as my favorite, but this one just might be it.

Are the other Tauers this good? This is the only one I've tried so far.

Incense Rose is quite good but not great. Orris is wonderful but was a limited-edition, and now unavailable. Une Chypre Rose, however, is smashingly, unapologetically, old-school brilliant. imho.

His new Orange scent (I forget the name) received lukewarm reviews, though.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stizzyle
This thread should be renamed to "$100+ Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread (Unique fragrances only)"
Oh please. Caron Pour Une Homme can easily be found at $30 for the 125ml bottle, and has been around since the 50's. That price goes (roughly) for all the masculine Carons. The masculine Chanels are around $80 for the 100ml from the boutiques, and the Guerlains can easily be found on-line as testers in the $30-50 range.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Comme des Garcons.

Its the one week a year I wear it. Smells like Christmas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads