• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnmcnamee
Are there any plans to offer the 100% merino wool socks in plain colors? I'll order several pairs once they become available in plain black. Thanks.
Thats what we started to produce yesterday
smile.gif

johnmcnamee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
Thats what we started to produce yesterday
smile.gif

Thank you for the quick response and the good news. I can't wait to try them!

phailing101

Reaction score
Do the prices on the site include shipping?........because I just made my first order and there was no additional shipping added to it.

Either way, I'm excited to get the purple merino wool socks! (plus a few more modest pairs).

(BTW- the site is a little glitchy. I was adding/subtracting socks and it would delete the wrong ones and add the wrong ones sometimes. I got what I wanted eventually but just a heads up)

meanpeoplesuck

Reaction score
The constant "Please wait, page is loading" makes me feeling like I'm visiting a website in 1995!

Kemal, what are your plans for the underwear range?

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phailing101
Do the prices on the site include shipping?........because I just made my first order and there was no additional shipping added to it.

Either way, I'm excited to get the purple merino wool socks! (plus a few more modest pairs).

(BTW- the site is a little glitchy. I was adding/subtracting socks and it would delete the wrong ones and add the wrong ones sometimes. I got what I wanted eventually but just a heads up)

Free shipping. But keep in mind it will take about 18-25 days. (worth the wait)

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Kemal,

What is the other color in your purple 100% wool socks? Black, darker purple, navy, or what exactly?

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly
Kemal, What is the other color in your purple 100% wool socks? Black, darker purple, navy, or what exactly?
They are colored as purple(like our cotton purple) and black.
Originally Posted by phailing101
Do the prices on the site include shipping?........because I just made my first order and there was no additional shipping added to it. Either way, I'm excited to get the purple merino wool socks! (plus a few more modest pairs). (BTW- the site is a little glitchy. I was adding/subtracting socks and it would delete the wrong ones and add the wrong ones sometimes. I got what I wanted eventually but just a heads up)
All items are posted as free shipping no additional shipping cost. We tried to make page easy to use personally I dont like to move different pages and designed that. If you have any suggestion I would like to learn.
Originally Posted by meanpeoplesuck
The constant "Please wait, page is loading" makes me feeling like I'm visiting a website in 1995! Kemal, what are your plans for the underwear range?
we got some complaints about that message
smile.gif
I think I will remove that tonight Sorry for engineer designed page
Originally Posted by johnmcnamee
Thank you for the quick response and the good news. I can't wait to try them!
I got first sample production of 100% merino as ribbed OTC and as they look good.

raybert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrInvariant
Be sure to give the OTC length a try. You will never look back...

I have tried the OTC. Purchased some to try with the midcalf. Maybe because I short legs but can't get use to them.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
One of our friend asked about superfine socks. I saw many sheer socks around as nylon and we tried to produce them as 100% Cotton. We liked trial products so put them on Viccel page. Superfine socks are %30 finer than current summer weight socks. They are made of 60/2 Ne gazzed and mercerized yarn. When you wear them really you forget there is socks on your feet. Wish you all peace and happiness for 2011
ViccelSheerSml.jpg

cartisdm

Reaction score
One of our friend asked about superfine socks.
I saw many sheer socks around as nylon and we tried to produce them as 100% Cotton. We liked trial products so put them on Viccel page.

Superfine socks are %30 finer than current summer weight socks.
They are made of 60/2 Ne gazzed and mercerized yarn.
When you wear them really you forget there is socks on your feet.

I am still getting used to the Summer Weight socks I ordered (I have 3 or 4 pair of Winter Weight in the mail right now).

I'm curious as to how people deal with the transparency of the socks. I do like the light feeling of almost no sock at all, but it looks odd [to me] that you can see my skin through them. Is this normal for dress socks? I have rather large calves so maybe due to the significant stretching of the sock is causing this issue to be amplified for myself?

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why people are worried about seeing skin through socks. You're going to be wearing these with dress pants and dress shoes, no?

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleksandr
Not sure why people are worried about seeing skin through socks. You're going to be wearing these with dress pants and dress shoes, no?

Exactly. So when my pant leg rises up for various reasons, it looks odd that I have pasty white skin showing through the sock. It's like when people wear super thin white shirts and don't realize it looks bad to see straight through it...

Tarlee

Reaction score
One of our friend asked about superfine socks

Thanks Kemal. I'll try them. I would have thought that if they are thinner than summer you might have made them first in mid calf. But as you have converted me to OTC I expect that even OTC they will be cool enough for summer.

Best wishes for 2011.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads