• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I havent measured recently but I'm a 40R but I normally get 42R because a 40 puts too much stress on my shoulders and indents. Therefore, I get the 42R. I'm also a 32 waist. I need to stop working out or something b/c suits do not fit me right off the rack and etc.

I'm hoping I can get a good decent navy blue suit for everyday wear to add to my collection

Tifochka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
what are natural shoulders (no padding)?

also, show pics please

This is my 8th indochino suit, and I always opted for their regular shoulders, which were hit or miss.
This time, after reading so many positive reviews, I went for "natural" shoulders, which seem to have no padding -- just the fabric and interlining. I'll try to post some pics when I get it back from the tailor.

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tifochka
This is my 8th indochino suit, and I always opted for their regular shoulders, which were hit or miss.
This time, after reading so many positive reviews, I went for "natural" shoulders, which seem to have no padding -- just the fabric and interlining. I'll try to post some pics when I get it back from the tailor.

8 Indochino suits, really? Show us some pictures since you probably have some valuable insight....otherwise I'm a bit skeptical.

Tifochka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbharris88
8 Indochino suits, really? Show us some pictures since you probably have some valuable insight....otherwise I'm a bit skeptical.

Sorry, I have to correct myself, 7 not 8 indochino suits (I included by mistake one non-indochino suit) --I will have to ask my wife to take some pics and post them as soon as I can. I have ordered so far,
a classic Navy blue suit, persuasive purple, white knite suit, ultimate grey, the utility charcoal suit, navy blue pinstripe, and the last one, the Deep Space Blue Faint Pinstripe Suit. I'd be happy to provide insight about any of them if anyone's interested.

gretch

Reaction score
Sorry, I have to correct myself, 7 not 8 indochino suits (I included by mistake one non-indochino suit) --I will have to ask my wife to take some pics and post them as soon as I can. I have ordered so far,
a classic Navy blue suit, persuasive purple, white knite suit, ultimate grey, the utility charcoal suit, navy blue pinstripe, and the last one, the Deep Space Blue Faint Pinstripe Suit. I'd be happy to provide insight about any of them if anyone's interested.

Seven is still impressive. I have two. Classic Navy and Dinner Jacket Tux. I got the first order perfectly fitted in two remakes. First one was way too loose fitting, then the second one had good fit on pants, jacket seemed about the same as the first one, contacted Angie, then third one came out very nice. I got the Tux after that, and everything fits great, but stomach area is slightly tighter than the first suit. Now, I placed an order for Alchemist Brown, and I am wondering how it will come out.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am interested in the alchemist brown too.

when you guys say you send it back for a remake, do you pay shipping or is that comped? please give info/details

LorenzL

Reaction score
i am interested in the alchemist brown too.

when you guys say you send it back for a remake, do you pay shipping or is that comped? please give info/details

You have to pay for the shipping yourself. I'm very curious to see some photos and reviews of the new suits... didn't order so far, but the brown one indeed looks interesting.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how much it costs to ship back? this sounds like a very inefficient process and possibly a costly one with the shipping fees.

Tifochka

Reaction score
does anyone know how much it costs to ship back? this sounds like a very inefficient process and possibly a costly one with the shipping fees.

You get your remade suit first, and then, when everything is fine, you send back your ill fitting suit, so except some postage expense, it works ok.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You get your remade suit first, and then, when everything is fine, you send back your ill fitting suit, so except some postage expense, it works ok.

ah! I thought if the suit sizing was incorrect then I'd have to send that back, they would "fix" and then they would send it back to me.

ZenStyle

Reaction score
The latest from TeamBuy is that 'teambuywinter' code is still good until Dec 24th. 15% off, 2 free shirts, 1 free accessory.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZenStyle
The latest from TeamBuy is that 'teambuywinter' code is still good until Dec 24th. 15% off, 2 free shirts, 1 free accessory.

do you know if these coupon codes as good as this one are common?

also, do you know if i can apply this to a groupon gift certificate?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
@approveusername -- Measure twice, cut once.

I also have broader shoulders compared to everything else - 39/40 jacket, 32 waist. I stuck with the videos then made some minor tweaks based on other suits I own. I've ordered a suit and tux and have been very pleased with thecresults.

thanks for the advice!
smile.gif

@ everyone:

Which codes are available atm? I will place the order the 24st. any help much appreciated
smile.gif
does one purchase these "codes" or are they free?

Question1: all the codes seems to expire 23rd december
frown.gif
that's very bad timing on my part. maybe will postpone purchase then, want a good deal obviously
smile.gif

Question2: Anyone know if there is a big difference between notch, and notch SLIM lapels? I would think slim would be appropriate if your figure is slim, am i right in this?
smile.gif

Question3: the lining option the model has isn't available(solar flair is the one im looking at) which seems odd to me, has anyone else experienced problems here? also, how many have used the advanced settings one can use while customizing?

Tifochka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Approveusername
thanks for the advice!
smile.gif

@ everyone:

Which codes are available atm? I will place the order the 24st. any help much appreciated
smile.gif
does one purchase these "codes" or are they free?

Question1: all the codes seems to expire 23rd december
frown.gif
that's very bad timing on my part. maybe will postpone purchase then, want a good deal obviously
smile.gif

Question2: Anyone know if there is a big difference between notch, and notch SLIM lapels? I would think slim would be appropriate if your figure is slim, am i right in this?
smile.gif

Question3: the lining option the model has isn't available(solar flair is the one im looking at) which seems odd to me, has anyone else experienced problems here? also, how many have used the advanced settings one can use while customizing?

I have slim notch lapels on one of my suits, it looks modern, stylish, especially with a skinny tie, but not as classy and universally acceptable as a regular notch lapels, which actually is not too wide at all. So, if you are slim, you can't go wrong -- either will be a good choice.
The advanced settings just let you choose more options, like the ticket pocket, pen pocket, functional sleeve buttons etc. If you skip them, your suit will look like the one on the website, by default.

darez

Reaction score
I just used the teambuywinter code. Shopping bag showed $250+ discount (1 suit, 2 shirts, 1 pocket square) but after checking out my paypal account was charged the full price without any discount.
plain.gif
Sent them an email. I'm canceling the whole order if they can't resolve this. UPDATE: Yay, they got back to me and said they'll activate the coupon and refund the discounted amount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads