• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
For now we have 8 colors as usual we would like to learn your new thoughts about colors.

I like that you now do herringbone socks rather than just plain, but I am not so keen on the colours. Most of them appear to be a light base with darker chevrons, I think if you made some that had a dark base with slightly lighter chevrons it would look good. I would like to see some in navy with the herringbone pattern in a slightly lighter blue (but probably still darker than the 'cobalt' you already have. Also a charcoal grey with the patten in a slightly lighter grey, and so on.

I will post some example pics of what I mean when my camera battery has charged.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the sort of thing that (imo) herringbone socks should look like:
socksd.jpg

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's too bad the wool-silk and the wool socks are only over the calf length. I'd be interested in calf length versions of both.

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just placed an order for 9 pairs of winter weight cotton socks.

cartisdm

Reaction score
I just got my two pair of OTC summer weight socks. I placed the order on November 24th and they arrived some time over the weekend (not bad at all since I was expecting much longer).

First impressions were that the socks were very different than any type of sock I've ever handled. The looked HUGE and I thought they were going to go all the way up my thigh! But once you put them on you realize they don't have that crazy "stretch" you get from other socks. They are the perfect length and from just a few hours of use, I give an A for comfort.

My one complaint (not really complaint, just a comment) is how thin they are. They are as thin as tights and I can actually see my skin through the sock. I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of that because I think it looks just a little tacky. Anyone else notice this? If I got the winter weight would it solve this?

KayJay85

Reaction score
Cartis
I had the same experience as you wrt the length and thinness. I found that the winter weight are much more "modest" and am sticking to them in the future

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KayJay85
Cartis
I had the same experience as you wrt the length and thinness. I found that the winter weight are much more "modest" and am sticking to them in the future

Did you notice the Winter Weight being too thick during the summer months? Honestly, I don't really care if my socks are different based on the time of year. The only thing that changes in my dress is a coat, pair of gloves, and maybe a scarf if it's really cold...

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
Did you notice the Winter Weight being too thick during the summer months? Honestly, I don't really care if my socks are different based on the time of year. The only thing that changes in my dress is a coat, pair of gloves, and maybe a scarf if it's really cold...

cotton winter weight socks aprox 40% thicker than summer weight socks. Personally I dont like to wear winter weight in the summer (it can reach 44C here in kahramanmaras) I prefer summer weight socks.

raybert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
It's too bad the wool-silk and the wool socks are only over the calf length. I'd be interested in calf length versions of both.

+1 to Mid Calf.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
cotton winter weight socks aprox 40% thicker than summer weight socks. Personally I dont like to wear winter weight in the summer (it can reach 44C here in kahramanmaras) I prefer summer weight socks.

Out of curiosity, why do you make them so thin? I understand thin enough to keep your feet/legs cool, but they appear almost like nylon stockings and I can see thru them.

To provide an update, I put my socks on at 6am yesterday and removed them when I got home at nearly midnight and my feet were nice and cool ALL DAY. I never once even had to adjust my socks and they remained up then ENTIRE time. Pretty freakin' fantastic. I'm going to start ordering 2-3 pair of the winter weight OTC socks every paycheck until I have stocked up enough. These are great!

zaxer

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my first order which I placed 13 days ago... (and I'm in Europe)

UPDATE: Finally I got the package, It took 14 days since placing the order.

rjt65

Reaction score
I like em thin --- they breathe sooo good!

smile.gif

Originally Posted by cartisdm
Out of curiosity, why do you make them so thin? I understand thin enough to keep your feet/legs cool, but they appear almost like nylon stockings and I can see thru them.

To provide an update, I put my socks on at 6am yesterday and removed them when I got home at nearly midnight and my feet were nice and cool ALL DAY. I never once even had to adjust my socks and they remained up then ENTIRE time. Pretty freakin' fantastic. I'm going to start ordering 2-3 pair of the winter weight OTC socks every paycheck until I have stocked up enough. These are great!

cartisdm

Reaction score
Got myself another 3 pair (this time OTC Winter Weight) and a trial shirt from Modern Tailor. All this internet shopping is gonna make me broke!

johnmcnamee

Reaction score
Are there any plans to offer the 100% merino wool socks in plain colors? I'll order several pairs once they become available in plain black.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads