• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. When I say ******, I mean SF ******. Not like what the normal populace would consider ******. No frumpy sweat pants and Uggs have been seen yet. And before I get labelled as a horrible misogynist, I jest about the insecurity thing. Though I do hope she will take the not so subtle hint to get her act together.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It makes up for it if under that Gap cocoon they have a great body, though.

I'm on the fence about achieving sartorial parity. In theory it could be interesting, but maybe it would be too much of a good thing?? Plus, unequal dressing allows you to be supercilious.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And to tell you the truth, I have noticed her dressing nicer around me recently compared to the first few times we hung out. Better shoes at least.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me guess...

BEFORE
7967141E.jpg

AFTER
margiela-paint-sneaker.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at least it means she doesn't expect designer clothing gifts.

On the other hand, if you do want to gift her something awesome she might not know how to wear it well, though many girls seem to be intuitively good at that sort of thing when they get nice pieces.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Do not I repeat do not introduce her to nice stuffs.

Set the bar low friend and you will be handsomely rewarded.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably bought them in tiny manchild sizes anyway, softy.

Just realized: I've never seen her in anything but heels. WIN.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

Damn Visigoths.

The thing about quality menswear is it doesn't have the preposterous "luxe" connotations that womenswear seems to have, namely sparkles, super high heels, fur, etc. (with apologies to Uncontrol) , so even if you are dressed to the nines by menswear standards, your partner may not be aware, unless they are keen about fabric quality and that sort of thing. I find this better. Allows you to fly under the radar.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
You probably bought them in tiny manchild sizes anyway, softy.

Just realized: I've never seen her in anything but heels. WIN.

This is ridiculous, I was picturing bootcut chinos and this kind of thing:
dnse_manaus_boot_mrn_MD.jpg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Not quite, though some of her clothing does look similar to the MMMs in the morning.

I missed this upon first read.
wow.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
This is ridiculous, I was picturing bootcut chinos and this kind of thing:
dnse_manaus_boot_mrn_MD.jpg

God no. I briefly dated a girl last fall that I was getting lukewarm on and the straw that broke the camel's back was a pair of Sketcher's she started wearing around. Realized it wasn't going anywhere after that.

This one dresses like a mall brand hot chick with a bit of Afro-ethnic additions. Just pretty generic. The heel thing, now that I think about it, is probably due to her insecurity about her height; I'm 10 inches taller than her, so she tries to make up for it with heels. Looks like it's already working.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
It makes up for it if under that Gap cocoon they have a great body, though.

I'm on the fence about achieving sartorial parity. In theory it could be interesting, but maybe it would be too much of a good thing?? Plus, unequal dressing allows you to be supercilious.

i don't know. it's kind of nice to be the couple that's stared at. see my vegas fitpic for example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics