• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy

ffatt

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am having a really difficult time trying to figure out quoddy sizing. I have checked all the big threads, but I still am not sure how sizing works on these so maybe someone with some experience with the Quoddy Grizzly boot from JCrew might be able to help out because that is the one I intend to purhcase. I wear size 10 in mainstream brands like Timberland (a bit loose), Nike, Sperry Top-Siders (a bit loose), a size 9 in Chucks with a snug fit and 9.5 Clarks Desert Boots. Would I size up half or go true to size on the Quoddys? If there is another thread where this has been answered please feel free to direct me there.

Thanks,

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ffatt
Hi guys, I am having a really difficult time trying to figure out quoddy sizing. I have checked all the big threads, but I still am not sure how sizing works on these so maybe someone with some experience with the Quoddy Grizzly boot from JCrew might be able to help out because that is the one I intend to purhcase. I wear size 10 in mainstream brands like Timberland (a bit loose), Nike, Sperry Top-Siders (a bit loose), a size 9 in Chucks with a snug fit and 9.5 Clarks Desert Boots. Would I size up half or go true to size on the Quoddys? If there is another thread where this has been answered please feel free to direct me there. Thanks,
from what you have described i would go with a 9.5, unless you are getting the lined grizzly's. if you look on the quoddy site they provide sizing information. these types of shoes fit a lot of people different because there simply a piece of leather around your foot and dont have a lot of lining inside the shoe, so i dont think there is a sure fire way to size on these. you might also want to measure your foot and order that size.

ffatt

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I was thinking you guys would recommend a Size 10 because reading through some of the threads I got the impression they might be half a size small. But, if you guys have some experience with them and feel they are TTS then I will stick with that.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas,

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I was thinking you guys would recommend a Size 10 because reading through some of the threads I got the impression they might be half a size small. But, if you guys have some experience with them and feel they are TTS then I will stick with that. Thanks again and Merry Christmas,
i would seriously get your foot measured before you order but its up to you. it might save you some time.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How can I go about doing that? Local shoe store? I looked at the conversion chart on Quoddy's website, but I am not sure how they want me to measure my foot. Thanks,
i would go to your local athletic shoe retailer or something along those line and measure your foot on a brannock and then convert that off the chart they provide.

aizan

Reaction score
i'd recommend a half size down from your foot measurements.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aizan
i'd recommend a half size down from your foot measurements.
this is why there is so much confusion on sizing with these shoes. yes, every ones foot is a little different but you want to order your measured foot size. if you have narrow feet then order a narrow width. i wouldnt recommend going a size down.

ffatt

Reaction score
Right, ok. Yeah, I have not heard anything consistent on the sizing. J Crew's site says size up half.
ffffuuuu.gif
Maybe I should send a labelled sketch of my foot to Quoddy in addition to getting measured. Thanks for the help fellas. Btw, whatever123 how did you size on them compared to say the Sperry Top Sider Boat Shoe, RW or Clarks DBs?

Cheers,

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Right, ok. Yeah, I have not heard anything consistent on the sizing. J Crew's site says size up half.
ffffuuuu.gif
Maybe I should send a labelled sketch of my foot to Quoddy in addition to getting measured. Thanks for the help fellas. Btw, whatever123 how did you size on them compared to say the Sperry Top Sider Boat Shoe, RW or Clarks DBs? Cheers,

yeah, sizing is all fucked up with these shoes. the problem is everyone has a different foot and we each have our own sense of what "fitting" means so i dont ******* know. sorry! anyway, i dont have any sperrys, clarks, and whats a "db?" i dont think i have a db either. i do, however, have a pair of rw wabasha's on order that i should have tomorrow, which i sized down a half size. i mainly wear yuketens and quoddy shoes. edit: O ... you said clark DB. sorry, n/m. but no, i have no clarks DBs.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi, I see well I wear a 9 in Yuketens. What do you wear in Yuketens and Quoddy? On a side note, whatever123 I think I tried to buy your MOMOTARO jeans on SuFu. Was that you if I remember correctly?
if your a 9 in yuketen you will most certainly be a 9 in quoddy, not a 9.5 like i originally thought you might be. im the same in both, however, my quoddys fit just a tad larger ... but its not enough to go +/- a size. most people wouldnt even notice the difference. yup, i sold them a couple weeks ago. sorry!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads