• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The MBreinin vs. Reevolving Fit Battle Threak

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think its safe to call this one Mike's.

But can someone else beef with someone else so we can have a proper version of this the next time? I thought it was great - and Mike, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you got a LOT of constructive feedback in this.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit disappointed with this thread. Biffo served here was underwhelming and not what it has been hyped up to be. 1*, will not eat here again.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the story behind reevolving's bare chested picture anyway?
did someone ask to see his build or something?

and mb ... i think you are in denial
anytime someone says top heavy or heavy set, you try to convince them that it's the picture angle or the cut of the jacket or something to that effect
and your constant reference to the 36R club...
you're a big guy ... square shoulders and big wide torso ... and you don't appear to be very tall
so anything you wear is going to make you look top heavy
i'm not knocking your "style" ... i actually like most of the combinations you've put together
but they just don't fit you right as other posters have already pointed out
the lower button jackets make you look less boxy but you seem to not like them as much as your higher button and double breast suits

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I think its safe to call this one Mike's.

But can someone else beef with someone else so we can have a proper version of this the next time? I thought it was great - and Mike, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you got a LOT of constructive feedback in this.

Well, it would have been nice if he posted a fit. However, I guess it ultimately proved my point...that he lacked style and didn't have anything that fit. That was the entire reason why I discounted his criticism in the first place.

Yes, I did get alot of good constructive feedback, mixed in with a limited amount of douchebaggery. I would consider it a win.

Originally Posted by srivats
Foofing shows Foo's take on things. That's all.

Precisely.

Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
what's the story behind reevolving's bare chested picture anyway?
did someone ask to see his build or something?

and mb ... i think you are in denial
anytime someone says top heavy or heavy set, you try to convince them that it's the picture angle or the cut of the jacket or something to that effect
and your constant reference to the 36R club...
you're a big guy ... square shoulders and big wide torso ... and you don't appear to be very tall
so anything you wear is going to make you look top heavy
i'm not knocking your "style" ... i actually like most of the combinations you've put together
but they just don't fit you right as other posters have already pointed out
the lower button jackets make you look less boxy but you seem to not like them as much as your higher button and double breast suits

I think he posted that because he looked old and shapeless in his clothes, when in reality he is far from that.

I am most certainly not in denial. I have repeatedly stated that I have a big chest and flat shoulders. However, I also do think that pictures have a tendency to skew things a bit. I am 5 foot 9, right around average.

I love my DBs and I will never give them up, but I am making adjustments based on feedback.

Mike

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chest pic was posted b/c I was accused of being fat! I said I had a 7 in drop. That was the only way to end that debate.

I did want time for a "good fit" jacket to come back from the tailor, b/c I challenged MB's yellow jacket. That is the gap in my wardrobe I mentioned. In the meantime, I would have posted a few pictures that show my more restrained sense of style and fit on some non-jacket items (pants, shirts, tie, shoes, vest, etc) BUT, I have not done that for a valid reason, but I knew this is going to sound preposterous, so I didn't explain: I do not have access to a camera until this weekend. If you've noticed, I have not posted a picture in perhaps over a month. (I dropped mine, and the telescoping part bent and jammed) I know for a fact someone is buying me a camera for the holidays, so I am not buying one just for this. Yes, I could borrow someone's camera, but then I'd need to borrow the entire dock, etc. Plus, I really really don't want to explain to anyone I need the camera an internet "dress off", like in the Zoolander clip. Like I said, I will post some pictures that demonstrate my "style" and fit once I get this camera. Hopefully, I will have the jacket by then as well.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ How about an apology to MB till the various issues mentioned are resolved and you are in position to post pics.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And here I thought this thread is dead....

Is the showdown back on?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ No

Reevolving broke his camera and is waiting for one as a christmas gift. Plus his jacket is being tailored right now.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ No

Reevolving broke his camera and is waiting for one as a christmas gift. Plus his jacket is being tailored right now.

This battle is such a disappointment...

I was expecting El Alamein ,Midway and we have instead the Cod wars.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ No

And we all know that only cameras have cameras. Not cell phones. Not laptops.

I was so excited about FIT CLUB.
frown.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
The chest pic was posted b/c I was accused of being fat! I said I had a 7 in drop. That was the only way to end that debate.

I did want time for a "good fit" jacket to come back from the tailor, b/c I challenged MB's yellow jacket. That is the gap in my wardrobe I mentioned. In the meantime, I would have posted a few pictures that show my more restrained sense of style and fit on some non-jacket items (pants, shirts, tie, shoes, vest, etc) BUT, I have not done that for a valid reason, but I knew this is going to sound preposterous, so I didn't explain: I do not have access to a camera until this weekend. If you've noticed, I have not posted a picture in perhaps over a month. (I dropped mine, and the telescoping part bent and jammed) I know for a fact someone is buying me a camera for the holidays, so I am not buying one just for this. Yes, I could borrow someone's camera, but then I'd need to borrow the entire dock, etc. Plus, I really really don't want to explain to anyone I need the camera an internet "dress off", like in the Zoolander clip. Like I said, I will post some pictures that demonstrate my "style" and fit once I get this camera. Hopefully, I will have the jacket by then as well.

You didn't challenge the "yellow" jacket (for the 10th time, it is brown and tan) you challenged me. You don't get to wait for something to return from the tailor's and then pick a fit you don't like, or think you can "beat" to challenge. You get to take on all the fits, because I made a blanket assertion that your criticism was worthless, because you could not discern style and a good fit.

If you want to take on one fit, I get to pick it and it would be the new fit that I posted, the plaid Corneliani suit.

Fair is fair. You get a new fit, so do I.

Mike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
And here I thought this thread is dead....

Is the showdown back on?

Originally Posted by MBreinin

If you want to take on one fit, I get to pick it and it would be the new fit that I posted, the plaid Corneliani suit.

Fair is fair. You get a new fit, so do I.

Mike

Answer seems to be...yes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads