• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
then i wont risk it i suppose... i always had a hankering for that shirt.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attachment 56412 pre-distressed denim? i havent had pre distressed denim in a while, always raw. however i could never get to the point where my jeans look like this, should i go for it, or is it douchey like true religion? edit: and no i dont like how the pants are cuffed

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skip those; buy me stuff
imgfac1c902lksgog.gif

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Distressed jeans can look good, but most do not. I like the way my Julius jeans are distressed, but I like them moreso for the fit than the treatment.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bullethead86
@chasingred nice response! thanks for the input.
I'm not an SWD regular, for what it's worth, though I've been visiting this side of the board more. My advice is pretty rooted in MC logic. FWIW, here is a blue donegal that's very nice. The cut of Alden's tweed jacket is pretty classic, but I can understand if it seems less fashionable. I'm linking it more to showcase the color and fabric, which is blue donegal tweed. Personally, I like the fit of the jacket, and I think a slimmer, slightly shorter cut could make it more "fashion forward" and appropriate for a younger person, but those are stylistic decisions. Regardless, I think the lower buttoning point will show off your shirt more, and should you decide to wear one, a tie as well. Furthermore, depending on how tall you are, a lower buttoning point will make you seem tailer by accentuating vertical lines. Also, here is a long, long discussion we had over on MC about why brown jackets are better than shades of grey. Charcoal was dismissed by Foo. However, while I agree charcoal may not be as good as the basics (brown, navy, mid-greys), I think it can still work once you've got 5 or so jackets in your collection. Incidentally, the kind of brown I had in mind was this. If you're going for tweeds, you can easily find a Harris Tweed in that brown color for about $25-50. Any stylistic things - such as shortening the jacket or nipping the midsection - can be taken care of at a tailors. The cost of such a tailoring job will depend on exactly what you want, but you still shouldn't be looking at any more than 100-125 for such a jacket. Good luck.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Distressed jeans can look good, but most do not. I like the way my Julius jeans are distressed, but I like them moreso for the fit than the treatment.

are they really heavy when you put them on?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
are they really heavy when you put them on?

They've got a good weight to them. The treatment they put it through makes them really soft and comfy to wear though.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for a pair. Dunno which to go for, though. Buying tops for now I think.

jakt

Reaction score
I am looking for a winter coat to wear over a suit. It's my first business coat and I prefer a modern and slim look. Should I buy this coat?

66338.200.A.v2.360x430.jpg

94743_norm.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads