• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is English/British Style to You?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
264pxsupermarinespitfir.jpg

churchill.gif

In Fox Flannel.

Edit: not an answer to George's challenge.

Geezer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geezer
I still want to be Bodie. But I couldnt find the opening sequence pic of him in cream odd jacket and dark brown flares, and I don't think I could carry them off.

As for the Equalizer, I challenge anyone to find a pic of a man looking natural, wearing a double-cuffed shirt and suit with a watch chain in the breast pocket, while firing an Uzi - even if with an excessively bladed stance and elbows too high.

27 seconds in (cream OD, big collar). The 9-10-year old me wanted to be him. Replaced Doctor Who.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
27 seconds in (cream OD, big collar). The 9-10-year old me wanted to be him. Replaced Doctor Who.
Cool as ****...

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scroll a few posts up, George.

Geezer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
What's the challenge, refresh my memory

Leave G alone. He's got the vibe.

To be precise, I think it's a mini-uzi, and the closed-bolt version. Where is J Libourel when you need him?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southlondongent
So Peter O'Toole's British now?
wink.gif

There's some confusion to where he was born. Both Leeds and Connemara are named. We'll claim him though...!!!
wink.gif

Southlondongent

Reaction score
I still want to be Bodie. But I couldnt find the opening sequence pic of him in cream odd jacket and dark brown flares, and I don't think I could carry them off..

LC>>
happy.gif

Stu_James_and_the_Mojos_2_reduced.jpg

Geezer

Reaction score
No one mentioned my hero, Peter Cook;

2David Frost rang Peter Cook up some years ago. "Peter, I'm having a little dinner party on behalf of Prince Andrew and his new bride-to-be Sarah Ferguson. I know they'd love to meet you, big fans; Be super if you could make it: Wednesday the twelfth." "Hang on... I'll just check my diary." Pause and rummaging and leafing through diary noises. And then Peter said "Oh dear. I find I'm watching television that night." "

Now that, is style....

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one mentioned my hero, Peter Cook; 2David Frost rang Peter Cook up some years ago. "Peter, I'm having a little dinner party on behalf of Prince Andrew and his new bride-to-be Sarah Ferguson. I know they'd love to meet you, big fans; Be super if you could make it: Wednesday the twelfth." "Hang on... I'll just check my diary." Pause and rummaging and leafing through diary noises. And then Peter said "Oh dear. I find I'm watching television that night." " Now that, is style....
Cook hated Frost with a passion. Saved him from drowning and forever regretted it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads