• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
you never heard that one? It was brilliant.

Shooman had been banned, kept coming back with new IDs, got IP banned, come back with a new ID behind a proxy etc.

So, Our Beloved Leader stuck him on Global Ignore. It lasted for a couple of months. He was posting away happily, blissfully unaware that not a soul could read anything he was posting other than himself and the mods. He seriously clocked up something like 300 posts like that. Never even occurred to him that not a single question had been answered, joke had been laughed at nor comment commented upon.

It was beautiful.

Oh, I remember that. I'm not sure if I was around during that time (I also know him from AAAC) or if I just heard about it after I started here, but yes, it's brilliant. Good old Midstream....

ADDENDUM: See sig (his name, for those not around then, was marc37).

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shooman had been banned, kept coming back with new IDs, got IP banned, come back with a new ID behind a proxy etc.

So, Our Beloved Leader stuck him on Global Ignore. It lasted for a couple of months. He was posting away happily, blissfully unaware that not a soul could read anything he was posting other than himself and the mods. He seriously clocked up something like 300 posts like that. Never even occurred to him that not a single question had been answered, joke had been laughed at nor comment commented upon.

It was beautiful.

OK. Now it all makes sense. How long ago was that done to me?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey bastard in Houston. Stop trying to login to my account:

Dear ramuman,

Your account on Style Forum has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 174.132.178.37

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:
http://www.styleforum.net/login.php?do=lostpw

All the best,
Style Forum

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
wow, interesting. J has cooler toys than the rest of us, so will leave it to him to work out whatever needs to be worked out there, and suggest that as an interim measure, you change your password regularly, and keep us informed (PM is best) if it happens again.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I swear it's not me.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Boy, that sure is clumsy.
smile.gif
Lets hope that's a proxy IP, cause otherwise it looks like you are being invaded by a rookie.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the SF vets ie knighted in the '02-'05 frame:

Have these come to jesus discussions been aired in the past? Am curious if there had been a wave of ex-sf-vets who churned out due to politics similar to the existing sentiment in years past.

The thought of SF decaying scares me, and I'm wondering if rach & co are right in their sentiment of these times as being a natural occurrence in the lifecycle of a forum and if so, if SF has shown enough resilience int he past to pull through..

Sry if i sound overly dramatic, its that time of the month and my ****** is cramping.
musicboohoo[1].gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
Question for the SF vets ie knighted in the '02-'05 frame:

Have these come to jesus discussions been aired in the past? Am curious if there had been a wave of ex-sf-vets who churned out due to politics similar to the existing sentiment in years past.

The thought of SF decaying scares me, and I'm wondering if rach & co are right in their sentiment of these times as being a natural occurrence in the lifecycle of a forum and if so, if SF has shown enough resilience int he past to pull through..

Sry if i sound overly dramatic, its that time of the month and my ****** is cramping.
musicboohoo[1].gif

I was talking to Matt last night, and I'm actually quite optimistic about the future of the forum. A few years ago (we tried hard in 2006), it would have been difficult to get people in MC to participate in a WAYWT contest. Now, thanks to guys like Spoo, we have regular contests with really good (and sometimes
ffffuuuu.gif
participation.) SW&D is stronger than ever, with a userbase with much more diverse interests than we had a couple of years ago. And the discussions about food and drink are livelier than they've ever been.

To answer the question directly, we get these on a regular basis. I think that it comes down to nostalgia. Many members who were considered core members during their tenure here have moved on, some because they became disenchanted with the forum, but most because their lives changed. That said, we hope that if people leave, it's because they've moved on to better things (I hope that we get a mention in an autobiography sometime,) and not because they've gotten mad at something that happened here.

Saucemaster, we hardly knew ye. Joe G., I hope that you are having fun being a dapper African dictator. Johnnynorman3, I hope that Boston is treating you well.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just was going back and forth with Captain Winky on some things in MC, and see that he is now In Time Out. Is that a custom member status or did he run afoul of something? I didn't see anything offensive in his recent posts....

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently Gawker got hacked and someone has been trying out email/password combos through Tor: http://blog.dynamoo.com/2010/12/gawk...413217837.html I banned the IP. If anyone has a Gawker account it may have been compromised and it might be a good time to change your password just in case.
Originally Posted by Douglas
I just was going back and forth with Captain Winky on some things in MC, and see that he is now In Time Out. Is that a custom member status or did he run afoul of something? I didn't see anything offensive in his recent posts....
I brought down the time-out-hammer on a few people in that stupid 'what to get my BF' thread. I don't care if a poster is not really a woman or a spammer or whatever, it's not acceptable to suggest sexual acts to a random person you don't know. I think this is one bar we can all agree to stay above.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It was beautiful.

That is friggin hilarious. I did not know this story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads