• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samurai lovers

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
aries83, i think they both look good. dont limit yourself to just one-way ... imo.

Aries83

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback chaps, no cuff it is for now! But of course I'll flick 'em up when the situation calls for it
wink.gif
. Skolatchi - Yep, us Brits have little houses and thus have to make do!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
update on black knights. going to give them a last wash and then send off to htc/dd to get some repair work done then there going back in the closet. next ...

DSCN0142.jpg
DSCN0135.jpg
DSCN0133.jpg
DSCN0126.jpg

looking good, why are they going back in the closet? these don't look great until 2 years

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aries83
Those black knights are immense.
i think they are turning out okay, so thanks. but if you want to see a super pair of samurai blks poly posted his a while back on sufu. i have like three other jeans i need to work on next year but i might wear these on the weekends

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
@Aries: I think the small cuff looks reallynice with your shoes and it's something different to the mad stack fades you mostly see on the S710 from other people.

But I haveto admit I bought my S710 also with the intention to let them stack... ;-)

On another note:
S500JX-LR on the way to me! Finally :)

Aries83

Reaction score
Cool cheers mate, I like the cuff with leather boots definitely.

I want fit pics of those S500s!

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
As soon as they arrive here in Germany. Might be next week because of Christmas and holidays

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
is that how long you wore your 5000 blks poly?

i wore them for a solid 2 years, still wear them from time to time. but yeah, they don't look "great" until the 2 year denim has thinned out point, which is problematic. what repairs do you need? how many washes/soaks? i'm pretty much not washing mine for at least another year, as i don't wear them all day like i used to.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i wore them for a solid 2 years, still wear them from time to time. but yeah, they don't look "great" until the 2 year denim has thinned out point, which is problematic. what repairs do you need? how many washes/soaks? i'm pretty much not washing mine for at least another year, as i don't wear them all day like i used to.
yeah, i will be interested to see how you bks turn out. i have washed mine like 7 or 8 times, lol. i wash often and mine have almost a year of consistent wear on them now. they need to have the crotch reinforced and have the hem area repaired but its nothing that cant wait. thanks for your help.

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
Some official fading samples from Samurai The all known Zero denim. Samurai's oldest denim right now in there collection. Unchanged since 7 years (since it was introduced)
iroochizerokei-007.jpg
iroochizerokei-008.jpg
iroochizerokei-009.jpg
Now the Geisha denim. I don't think we have seen many faded ones here.
iroochizerokei-001.jpg
iroochizerokei-002.jpg
iroochizerokei-003.jpg
And last but not least: S5000GX-M! The water model
iroochizerokei-004.jpg
iroochizerokei-005.jpg
iroochizerokei-0061.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
those are just incredible.

do you know how long the zero denim was worn? thats got to be several years of wear ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads