• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purchasing a winter wardrobe, help appreciated

voyaging

Reaction score
I foremost need to buy winter boots and a winter coat. I was looking at these: http://www.bluefly.com/Cole-Haan-dar...801/detail.fly http://www.bluefly.com/Cockpit-charc...201/detail.fly What do you think of those? I will be wearing both nearly every day. Will they match together? Are they versatile? Also, if those are good choices, what clothes would match well with them? I think I would like to get some jeans, cords, flannels, and then some button-down shirts and maybe a cashmere sweater. I currently have ZERO nice clothes, so I am pretty much starting from scratch. I dress almost solely casual, I am still a high school student. Thanks in advance. EDIT: Some additional info. I'm about 5'10" and 120 lbs, so I am very lean.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
deadhorse-a.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
it depends, that also depends, um ... well, that depends. usually solid colors (nothing hot pink), okay great. from scratch is often the best place, and you are welcome.
smile.gif

voyaging

Reaction score
I hope this isn't an entirely smart-ass forum.

If you need me to clear anything up, please ask. I have zero style talent.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ah ok good you're willing to be receptive to advice.

Feel free to peruse the forum and use the search as well to your heart's content. You will find all the answers within and welcome!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voyaging
Just want some advice by more knowledgeable people
smile.gif

i know, my bad ... i forgot your a special person.

you wanted to start from scratch and you posted a pic of sale cole-haans from the fly? here is some advice: dont start there. ill leave you to better hands now
smile.gif

voyaging

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123

you wanted to start from scratch and you posted a pic of sale cole-haans from the fly? here is some advice: dont start there. ill leave you to better hands now
smile.gif

I'm starting from scratch, and it's winter. I already have ****** cheap clothes, and my first priority is function (meaning staying warm and dry for winter). Meaning boots and a coat.

And I'm not rich.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
sterlingwear peacoat (you said value..)

what type of boots are you trying to get/what look are you going for..

voyaging

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
sterlingwear peacoat (you said value..)

what type of boots are you trying to get/what look are you going for..

I don't really know. Good looking winter boots, I guess.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voyaging
I'm starting from scratch, and it's winter. I already have ****** cheap clothes, and my first priority is function (meaning staying warm and dry for winter). Meaning boots and a coat. And I'm not rich.
your young; get a job at the bk, service the elderly, do something to make money ... then go buy some mmm's. bitches are into the margiela even if they dont know what the ******* is. i promise ya
smile.gif

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
okay but good looking is subjective...

workwear styled boots? chelseas? military styled.. gimme some help since im the only one not trolling you right now

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Ah ok good you're willing to be receptive to advice.

Feel free to peruse the forum and use the search as well to your heart's content. You will find all the answers within and welcome!

Hi, did you see this? Or did you think this was a self help forum?

voyaging

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Hi, did you see this? Or did you think this was a self help forum?

Originally Posted by whatever123

smile.gif

Hi, did you see this? Or did you think I was responding to you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads