• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The MBreinin vs. Reevolving Fit Battle Threak

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, I will smoke all of you guys in a dance off, once I learn to dance.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
No problem, MB. I appreciate your digging into your archives to "let it all hang out", so to speak. But, just as my blue jacket represents my sartorial errors, you should not be judged on past learning curves. "You're only as good as your last game" is the theme here. But, when it comes to the official vote, I think we should pick 2 pictures each, and go with it. Your old pictures have been previously rated by SF, and introduce bias into the final showdown. All the more reason to go with your new, unseen fits. I am confident. If you think your yellow jacket looks good, that is all I need to know. At the very least, I will beat that monstrosity.

Look, here is my perspective on this:

I said you lacked style and the ability to spot a good fit, and therefore I discounted your harsh criticism.

You said I was basically a pot, calling the kettle black, and challenged me to whatever this thing we are involved in is.

Now, you indicate that you want to necro-post this threak somewhere down the road because you have some "gaps in your wardrobe," or for whatever reason you want to put together some new fits.

I say you get a fit up today, or within a day or two. At least one. If you prefer, I will go through all of my fits, and select a couple for official voting. I don't think the fact that I have recevied feedback on these fits is relevant. They represent my personal sense of style, which is basically what I called you out on. This is a snapshot, this "competition" is based on a date in time, yesterday, which was when we entered this grand debate. So, I don't think that waiting for a future date is in the spirit of the competition. Post up some fits, or forfeit.

If you want, we can revisit this later down the road with a new competition. However, I am not going to give you time to get your act together for this one.

Post now, or lose.

Mike

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
alien-vs-predator-whoever-wins-we-lose-paul-ws-anderson-3700999.jpg
The tagline seemed appropriate...
biggrin.gif
j/k guys; have fun with the threak!

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the gayest challenge I've ever seen among straight men.

(I am so subscribed.)

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
am I the only one who just realized that Reeevolving seems to post in free verse, borderline haiku?
Haiku AND unfiltered stream-of-consciousness. I'd say that's what's gotten him into this mess.

Originally Posted by someotherstyle
I have no doubt you will take this contest, and all that. I do have to say, however, I'd love for you to let out most of your jackets. To my eye, they almost all look a bit "snug" across the front
+1 I don't know the best fix for it, Mike, but most of your jackets are creating (or perhaps accentuating) a lineman's silhouette.

FBBW0094.jpg

P.S. I am not challenging you to a fit-fight. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by aj_del
For me, MB wins it hands down because being a good guy is more important (to me) than being well dressed. So, even if Reevolving is as well dressed as PG/Vox, I would still vote for MB.
+1 This is, after all, STYLE Forvm, and style transcends clothing.

Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig
i go away from SF for a few weeks, and this is the fun i miss out on.
This is how we're working out our abandonment issues, Otto. Never leave us again.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
That's a nice blanket statement, Foo. I posted close to 20 pics which contain everything from brand new Sartoria Partenopea suits, to vintage relics. Many of them are unaltered, some are altered. Why don't you give me an example of one of these jackets that you think is "really off?"

For you to say that something is off with all of these jackets doesn't help at all, quite frankly. Also, let's keep in mind that we have a different sense of aesthetics and that pictures, by their very nature, modify images.

I think he may be referring to all of them. Not sure that I disagree and not sure how that's not helpful; he's just giving his view on the pics/outfits you posted. I don't think he has to tone that down just because he may have a "different sense of aesthetics". If you're concerned that "pictures, by their very nature, modify images" and may trigger responses you don't like, better not post them in the first place.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I completely empathize with your point. I am even limiting some good humored trash talk b/c it looks so suspect. I really didn't know it would escalate, and pics would be expected immed. I agree, it's anti-climactic. I was simply going to post a pic once my newest jacket got tailored to compare it to your yellow abomination.
stirpot.gif
Till then, it makes no sense to "forfeit". There is no money wagered, so the only satisfaction is to actually beat me. If I "forfeit" you are just cheating yourself. But yes, I certainly lose points for not being able to immediate back up my challenge. And yes, this is the fruitiest thing I have ever done. By far. But, I am ready. SF is a slippery slope, that's for sure.

--Jonas--

Reaction score
I don't think I would enter a contest in which the crowd of judges loudly applaudes the other contestant...

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
I think he may be referring to all of them. Not sure that I disagree and not sure how that's not helpful; he's just giving his view on the pics/outfits you posted. I don't think he has to tone that down just because he may have a "different sense of aesthetics". If you're concerned that "pictures, by their very nature, modify images" and may trigger responses you don't like, better not post them in the first place.

Yeah, I know he is referring to all of them, and they all fit differently. I just want to know what exactly he is talking about. Some button high, some button low. I post pics almost every day, so I am not concerned about good criticism. However, if you are going to give it, be specific. They are far from identical in fit.

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
I completely empathize with your point. I am even limiting some good humored trash talk b/c it looks so suspect. I really didn't know it would escalate, and pics would be expected immed. I agree, it's anti-climactic. I was simply going to post a pic once my newest jacket got tailored to compare it to your yellow abomination.
stirpot.gif
Till then, it makes no sense to "forfeit". There is no money wagered, so the only satisfaction is to actually beat me. If I "forfeit" you are just cheating yourself. But yes, I certainly lose points for not being able to immediate back up my challenge.

And yes, this is the fruitiest thing I have ever done. By far. But, I am ready. SF is a slippery slope, that's for sure.

When is it coming back from the tailor?

For the record, that jacket is not "golden," or "yellow," it is brown and tan, almost like a tweed.

But, my point is that this is not a one fit situation. I said you lacked style in an overall sense...and that means a body of work, not a single fit.

Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics