• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Why didn't you say you had an online store where we could kop these?????

I'm really tempted to get the split toe derby's and the brown oxfords. Do these shoes run true to size? Are these particularly narrow lasts, average, or average-wide?

Originally Posted by yfyf
Carmina Family Photo

2010-11-14-carmina-group-shot-1-m.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edward Green MTO that came in this week: Newmarket in Burnt Pine with a dainite sole on the 606 last in a size 11/11.5 C. They fit pretty well if a bit roomy and even a C width in the 606 is still pretty wide for me. The 606 is a shorter last hence a bigger size than I would normally do.

When they came in they were a bit too light. I used some dark brown cream mixed with a touch of black cream followed by dark brown wax and they turned out very nicely. A great shade. The first photo is the best in-real-life color.

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Unbelievable! Why didn't you say you had an online store where we could kop these?????

I'm really tempted to get the split toe derby's and the brown oxfords. Do these shoes run true to size? Are these particularly narrow lasts, average, or average-wide?

i would say most are around an E width and pretty true to size as i tried pretty much all that they had in my size and they were fine

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Edward Green MTO that came in this week: Newmarket in Burnt Pine with a dainite sole on the 606 last in a size 11/11.5 C. They fit pretty well if a bit roomy and even a C width in the 606 is still pretty wide for me. The 606 is a shorter last hence a bigger size than I would normally do.

When they came in they were a bit too light. I used some dark brown cream mixed with a touch of black cream followed by dark brown wax and they turned out very nicely. A great shade. The first photo is the best in-real-life color.

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

perhaps you should have stuck with the 888?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
perhaps you should have stuck with the 888?

Nah. They seem to fit well and it's nice to have some variety as I don't have anything on the 606 and have always liked the last. Even with very thin socks on today they are very doable so with more normal socks they should work very nicely.

emptym

Reaction score
^ They look great, David.
Originally Posted by Burton
I am trying to convince Chay to make me a pair of Bal boots in shell.
So have I!
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
C&J for BB's, dark brown shell cordovan. perfect winter boots imo. Dainite sole.
IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg

Very nice.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Nah. They seem to fit well and it's nice to have some variety as I don't have anything on the 606 and have always liked the last. Even with very thin socks on today they are very doable so with more normal socks they should work very nicely.

what ever happened to you LAST you had made?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
what ever happened to you LAST you had made?

The fit was unfortunately off enough that it's too difficult to fix without proper fittings and me being 3000 miles away doesn't work well in that regard. Springline and AS haven't worked together regularly and I guess different makers last things in different ways in terms of tightness. I trust that for both of them my situation will just be a learning experience which I'm sure they'll improve upon by working together more. Luckily, one of their standard lasts actually seems to fit me well enough with a full sock lining. I have the Culford on dark brown country calf on the way so we'll see!

emptym - glad you like the boots!

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
I wish Tom (LeatherSoul) would reorder this Alden from 2007
frown.gif

1-1.jpg

Is this the medallion toe oxford? I would like some in cordovan black or whiskey for spring.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I decided to condition & polish my regular rotation of brown shoes. I will probably do the shell cordovan next weekend. Sorry for the bad pics.

IMG_6488.jpg

Is that Lexol leather conditioner? Just curious because I heard that Lexol was a no-no for shoes.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Is this the medallion toe oxford? I would like some in cordovan black or whiskey for spring.

The SF model?
sfs2.jpg

"With the tremendous popularity of our SF Boot, we thought, why not make an SF Shoe? We have two versions in shell cordovan, #8 burgundy and black."

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/cat.../alden/page/5/

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got two pairs of park avenues - big step for me coming from sweatpants and nikes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics