• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

enigma7

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with H&M Modern Classic aka Black Label suits? I recently purchased a navy H&M black label suit off ebay, however I have a feeling that it might be fake. The labels in the jacket look suspect and the fit is anything but slim compared to my non-black label H&M suit.
Attachment 56230 Attachment 56231

I really appreciate the help.
Thanks

gooden0

Reaction score
I'm moving to the northeast for college next year, and, being from Kansas, I am pretty clueless. What would be a good jacket I could wear with everything in the winter? I'd be willing to invest, so anything under $300 or so. Thanks!

FELT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sqweegle
Quick question about italian sizing. Specifically jackets, even more specifically Boglioli and possibly Lubiam. I normally wear size 46/48 ("average" sizing).What are the chances that an italian size 50 will fit me? I'm mainly concerned about the shoulders.

Just tried on a couple of Lubiam jackets. Very slim - I often take a Euro 48, but a 50 was certainly a better fit.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gooden0
I'm moving to the northeast for college next year, and, being from Kansas, I am pretty clueless. What would be a good jacket I could wear with everything in the winter? I'd be willing to invest, so anything under $300 or so. Thanks!
The answer to that question is nothing. No one coat will work with "everything." You probably won't spend much time on the more formal end of the spectrum, though, so some coats that are versatile in the casual to business casual range are heavier peacoats and duffle coats.

Reaction score
What's the best suit I can get, regardless of brand name for or under 200? I am size is 36-37. Any ebay sellers? Amazon sellers? Out side the country is fine... I need a slim fitting suit. Thanks

*2 button please

Avocat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
The answer to that question is nothing. No one coat will work with "everything." You probably won't spend much time on the more formal end of the spectrum, though, so some coats that are versatile in the casual to business casual range are heavier peacoats and duffle coats.
+1. Peacoats and wool car coats are versatile, and can be worn pretty much anywhere (black or charcoal). Dress up/down with scarves, etc., with a suit or blue jeans. Depending on where in the NE he's going--Mass, VT and upstate NY can all get pretty cold with lots of snow (but that's ok, dress warm and you'll love it, Gooden!). For that ruggedly handsome look, might also consider a nice sheepskin car coat length in brown (timeless, yet stylishly warm, and many can be had for under $300 used on e-bay). For something a little more sporty, consider Canada Goose (duffles, parkas and downs). Bomber jackets are very cool (casual), never going out of style, but not very business like. There's a ton of great items out there, and many sales on right now. One such place you might want to e-browse is LL Bean, Gooden, but there are of course many, many others. Good luck in your studies!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found a $1500 Canali moleskin suit marked down to $1000... but there were wool Oxxford suits for $900. What's the deal with that? Very odd pricing. Think a manager would lower the price?

Made in California

Reaction score
100716DayTwo-26.jpg

100725Lastday-08.jpg

What brand is this suitcase?

pkiula

Reaction score

pkiula

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
asuitfrontopen.jpg

can i mismatch trousers with this jacket? if so, what color?
and... could i ever wear this suit jacket with jeans? or is it too "suit" looking to do that?

The lighting on this pic is a bit off, but a khaki trouser in light beige would go well? I'd even experiment with a well fitted light grey. (I'm presuming this is a black-ish suit)

Great suit btw. Which one is it?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkiula
The lighting on this pic is a bit off, but a khaki trouser in light beige would go well? I'd even experiment with a well fitted light grey. (I'm presuming this is a black-ish suit)

Great suit btw. Which one is it?

It's actually a very navy blue
I have never mixed and matched a suit jacket before
And the suit is a hugo boss red label slim

MikeSalvino

Reaction score
Question:
Where should the shoulder seam of a shirt fall?
Right at the joint of shoulder / arm or slightly below on to the top of the arm?

Tks.

Archivist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeSalvino
Question:
Where should the shoulder seam of a shirt fall?
Right at the joint of shoulder / arm or slightly below on to the top of the arm?

Tks.

Ideally, right at the joint.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads