• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

--Update--GOT IT!!Need your opinion on a watch please (gift for my dad).

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, last year I got my dad a watch and you all helped a LOT, I appreciate it. Now its time to get him another watch and whats your opinion of this watch...
rolexu.jpg

Again, I appreciate your opinions and they will help me in my decision for his gift.

Regards.
PS. 2nd page for update!

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If my son gave me a watch like that I would be very happy. Perhaps a little busy for me but it's the thought that counts.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice watch and great gift. I've always liked gold Rolex watches on leather straps. They look tacky and shout "BLING" on gold bracelets. Great choice.

Twotone

nedliug

Reaction score
I like the watch you got him last year better. Unless he is specifically looking for a Rolex, I would avoid them. If you're looking in the Rolex price range, have you checked out Patek Phillipe at all?

joegrec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nedliug
I like the watch you got him last year better. Unless he is specifically looking for a Rolex, I would avoid them. If you're looking in the Rolex price range, have you checked out Patek Phillipe at all?

+1

Although I like Rolex I find most of there watch model's look very busy. And I can't stand the massive bubble they put on almost all there watch so you can see the date. It makes a nice watch look like crap. Like putting velcro on a pair of Edward Greens

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you gave him a watch last year, how about a high-end pen or something?

Bastige

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

?????
rolex starts at 4k about patek 15k +

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a great watch, id be glad to have one anyway im sure your dad will love it

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I like this one better:

15300OR.00.D088CR.01.jpg

sure is sweel i love AP, but that puppy retails for 25k the vintage rolex can be had for 6k maybe less

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
If my son gave me a watch like that I would be very happy. Perhaps a little busy for me but it's the thought that counts.
Its the exact problem I have...its busy. Maybe the *stick* markers would be better than the roman numerals.
Originally Posted by Twotone
Nice watch and great gift. I've always liked gold Rolex watches on leather straps. They look tacky and shout "BLING" on gold bracelets. Great choice. Twotone
Correct, and I like the white face as its easier for him to read.
I have thought of PP too.
Originally Posted by joegrec
+1 Although I like Rolex I find most of there watch model's look very busy. And I can't stand the massive bubble they put on almost all there watch so you can see the date. It makes a nice watch look like crap. Like putting velcro on a pair of Edward Greens
The cyclops makes it possible for him to read the date....old eyes.
Originally Posted by NORE
Since you gave him a watch last year, how about a high-end pen or something? Bastige
....you are a sneaky one.....but I have gifted him watch/pen/Ipad/house etc already last year. The watch seems to get most use, after the house.
Originally Posted by in stitches
????? rolex starts at 4k about patek 15k +
Correct, Patek is more expensive.
its a great watch, id be glad to have one anyway im sure your dad will love it
Thanks, I agree. He still has the Casio I gave him 20 years ago so it is the thought for sure!
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I like this one better:
15300OR.00.D088CR.01.jpg

That is nice but he dislikes my IWC with a similar theme. Regards.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a nice watch, but a Presidential should be on a metal bracelet. It looses some of its look on leather. Also the band used is a work of art and very comfortable. My farther has let me use his platinum day/date a couple times and it felt so good with the bracelet.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar

....you are a sneaky one.....but I have given him watch/pen/Ipad/house etc already last year. The watch seems to get most use, after the house.

Piaget-Altiplano-Automatic-1-470x529.jpg

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sure is sweel i love AP, but that puppy retails for 25k the vintage rolex can be had for 6k maybe less

It's certainly a lot more than 6k but can be had for a lot less than $25k.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Shikar
IThat is nice but he dislikes my IWC with a similar theme.

Well, that's the most important factor!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads