• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phrost

Reaction score
i'm looking at the uk site and everything is marked down 10-40 pounds while ny is still retail
ffffuuuu.gif

anyone who's looking to buy cashmere sweaters from uniqlo, spend the extra money and get the more expensive ($150) middle gauge ones on sale. they're more substantial and feel nicer. the $100 ones that are on sale this week for $60 are really thin and light/flimsy. feels really cheap tbh

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phrost
i'm looking at the uk site and everything is marked down 10-40 pounds while ny is still retail
ffffuuuu.gif

anyone who's looking to buy cashmere sweaters from uniqlo, spend the extra money and get the more expensive ($150) middle guage ones on sale. they're more substantial and feel nicer. the $100 ones that are on sale this week for $60 are really thin and light/flimsy. feels really cheap tbh

how are the lambswool sweaters/cardigans?

Phrost

Reaction score
^the lambswool crew/v-neck sweaters for $30 are pretty good. i don't think the cardigans are worth the extra $10 though. i thought the lambswool would be itchy but they're pretty comfortable. you should stick to the lighter colors - light gray, royal blue - the black and navy wools have a lot of discolored impurities/lint

fyi - i had to size down one in the sweaters. i'm a standard medium in uniqlo and i had to take a small. the medium ran baggy in the sleeves for me. they'll probably go on sale soon, so i would hold off buying them unless you really want or need them

tighty88

Reaction score
I've been meaning to see a couple pictures of the recent plaid peacoat in action since it's on my Xmas list this year, just to make sure it's worth the $100 price. Does anyone have a few to share?

hobojones

Reaction score
Just got a pair of UVCs shipped over from Europe, and they really are a great value. I've heard they don't make em any more in the states, correct? They have some sort of new model..

bossman08

Reaction score
Do they have anymore of the grey sweatshirts? I need one in a XL

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tighty88
I've been meaning to see a couple pictures of the recent plaid peacoat in action since it's on my Xmas list this year, just to make sure it's worth the $100 price. Does anyone have a few to share?

Not worth it in my opinion. Fit is weird and material sucked (thin). Not as good as the peacoats they did a few seasons back.

They need to release more slim fit oxfords but in the fabric they had a few years ago and with normal sized collars. They would be the perfect shirt imo.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tighty88

I picked up a plaid (dark blue/green) blazer and it's very very nice for the price I paid (3990 yen ~45 or so). But from the peacoats I saw I didn't see anything that would justify the ~$100 price. At ~$75 I would say maybe. But then again you can get a nice peacoat at Off 5th or NM last call for a little over $100 with sales.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phrost
^the lambswool crew/v-neck sweaters for $30 are pretty good. i don't think the cardigans are worth the extra $10 though. i thought the lambswool would be itchy but they're pretty comfortable. you should stick to the lighter colors - light gray, royal blue - the black and navy wools have a lot of discolored impurities/lint

fyi - i had to size down one in the sweaters. i'm a standard medium in uniqlo and i had to take a small. the medium ran baggy in the sleeves for me. they'll probably go on sale soon, so i would hold off buying them unless you really want or need them

I went a few weeks ago and all the lambswool cardigans were on sale, $10 off. I got dark gray and navy and I haven't had issues with impurities or lint, they look really good. I did find that the sizing on them was a bit odd though.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really wish they bring back the cashmere/wool flat front black pants...regret not picking up a pair when I saw them a month or so back.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
I went a few weeks ago and all the lambswool cardigans were on sale, $10 off. I got dark gray and navy and I haven't had issues with impurities or lint, they look really good. I did find that the sizing on them was a bit odd though.

can you elaborate on "odd"?

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
They need to release more slim fit oxfords but in the fabric they had a few years ago and with normal sized collars. They would be the perfect shirt imo.

+1, the current collars are overly small and insubstantial, and the fabrics are mediocre. I don't care if they double the price, this needs to be done.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
can you elaborate on "odd"?

I'm a 36 chest and I believe the small size was marked as such. It was just way too big, had to size down to XS.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
+1, the current collars are overly small and insubstantial, and the fabrics are mediocre. I don't care if they double the price, this needs to be done.

The fabric doesn't bother me as much as the collars do. They don't frame the wearers face the way the old collars did. The fit in the body is amazing though. I stocked up when they were in stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics