• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
There are some really sweet TF's but I don't consider Moss Breches one of them. Have you tried Tuscan Leather yet?

I will try to try it. I hear it smells like cocaine. ??

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
ELdO Charogne today. It's quite sweet. The top smells a bit like Juicy Fruit, and there's vanilla in the drydown. But there's also something else going on--I think it's indolic but I'm not certain. The effect is very strange, and I'm not sure I like it much.

You are correct, indoles (smell much like mothballs, but subtler). I find it interesting, but ultimately not very wearable.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
I will try to try it. I hear it smells like cocaine. ??

I heard it smells like raspberries. Smells like leather to me.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
PdP has grown to be one of my favs from the line. Antiheros is on my wishlist.
Yeah it was pretty nice but by the time I remembered I had something new on that I had to sniff out, it had faded into the "this smells good. what is it?" territory. Today - FM Musk Ravageur. I really need to get in on a split for this since its just too thick to wear in the 100 degree heat and humidity but great for anything <85. Anyone interested? Still haven't heard back from Ormonde Jayne. Need to send them another email.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, getting warmer again so I went back two Guerlain AA Anisia Bella with a hit of Kiehl's Musk to give it warmth.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vierges et Toreros. I like this one very much. It's right near the top of the list of my favorite ELdO fragrances, along with Secretions and Encens et Bubblegum.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
You're dead to me. I expect so much better from you.
lol8[1].gif
j/k

I'm on Vacation with the family in a hot climate, I figure GIT's as harmless as they get. Plus meeting new inlaws so I don't want to scare them off (well he seems nice, yeah but didn't he smell weird?). I also brought Tabac EdC and L'Instant, just incase. :)
Originally Posted by rioni
There are some really sweet TF's but I don't consider Moss Breches one of them. Have you tried Tuscan Leather yet?
As long as you're trying the TL, also give Japon Noire a smell, it's a smokey sweet leather. TL is a pretty basic simple leather with a little rasberry sweetness.
Originally Posted by Rambo
Today - FM Musk Ravageur. I really need to get in on a split for this since its just too thick to wear in the 100 degree heat and humidity but great for anything <85. Anyone interested?
look around for these too. I actually just did one through a YouTuber Pegasis something or other who hosts splits of all the big expensive ones and got about 25ml for around $60-65. Otherwise probably the best way to split this is to buy the travel size so you get 3x10ml's for $120. 10ml of this stuff goes a long way!

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Japon Noir is really good

As long as you're trying the TL, also give Japon Noire a smell, it's a smokey sweet leather. TL is a pretty basic simple leather with a little rasberry sweetness.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Two sprays from my remaining 6 or so ml of Patou pour homme. I hate to use this up but it will probably start to evaporate if I don't use it up, especially as it's in a decant bottle (scents don't seem to last as well in decants as they do in the original bottle. I'd really like to see a &quot;heritage&quot; edition of this released, but I fear it's gone for good.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Etro - Anise today. Definitely hits the Anise mark but I'm not that much of an anise guy (or cinnamon for that matter since its pretty close) so this one isn't for me. Might be nice for a lady though.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
look around for these too. I actually just did one through a YouTuber Pegasis something or other who hosts splits of all the big expensive ones and got about 25ml for around $60-65. Otherwise probably the best way to split this is to buy the travel size so you get 3x10ml's for $120. 10ml of this stuff goes a long way!
Thanks for the recommendation. I suppose I was just checking to see if someone wanted to go thirds on a bottle with me. I figure 33ml would last me a good long while.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Two sprays from my remaining 6 or so ml of Patou pour homme. I hate to use this up but it will probably start to evaporate if I don't use it up, especially as it's in a decant bottle (scents don't seem to last as well in decants as they do in the original bottle. I'd really like to see a "heritage" edition of this released, but I fear it's gone for good.
That was the one discontinued "holy grail" scent from Basenotes that everybody drooled over that I never tried. I got around to sniffing most of the others, and they were largely all lackluster and a waste of time/effort (Jil sander Feeling Man, Balenciaga Pour Homme, Yohji Homme, etc.) Not BAD scents (I quite liked the Balenciaga), but not worth the effort. I tended to think people's memories and the inability to buy easily accentuated the appeal, instead of the scent. Like somebody paying $450 for Cuiron, or $400 for the Patou... I just don't get it. There are so many amazing ones out there now in virtually every category... Anyway, JHL for me today... I really enjoy this one as a gentlemanly, warm, rich scent. At $48 retail for 100mls, it's an excellent value (IMHO)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today wasn't much of a decision. I've been wanting to wear Egoiste all week, so today I gave in.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe get some Aqua di Parma for myself for xmas. Is it worth the $? Someone said it was a little ephemeral, or some such; not much lasting power.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Maybe get some Aqua di Parma for myself for xmas. Is it worth the $? Someone said it was a little ephemeral, or some such; not much lasting power.
There was a discussion a few pages back about the Colonia Intensa. Its got much more staying power than the original Colonia.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads