• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found one"”unconstructed corduroy jacket, Second-Life-for-a-Shirt-ps, navy (!) moleskin trousers

corduroyjasje.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Found one"”unconstructed corduroy jacket, Second-Life-for-a-Shirt-ps, navy (!) moleskin trousers

corduroyjasje.jpg

Nice color on the jacket. Really liking the recycled shirt PS.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I hope you didnt take offense at the tie bashing yesterday
Don't be ridiculous, Spoo. I'm grateful for the advice, and I even enjoy getting my chops busted when it's delivered in good fun. (I'm not really saving up for a sniper rifle, by the way.)

I do wonder, though, if a lot of ties that aren't currently SF-approved might come back into favor again. In fact, you've inspired me to start a new thread on this subject. I hope all WAYWRN regulars will take a look and add their thoughts.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=214649

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
I dig this. I'm tardy getting back to your PM. My apologies, too much good stuff in it for a quick reply.
It's all cool dood.
smile.gif
Glad you got the tie memo today. Cloth on the coat is insanely nice.
Thanks.
cheers.gif
Originally Posted by NOBD
corduroyjasje.jpg

I like this a lot. Nice interesting colours, good fit, worth a requote. Personally, I like shirt collars underneath the jumper rather than outside, but it's interesting to see a different look.
Originally Posted by gshen
IMG_0216.jpg

Matching your trousers to your boat is next level.
wink.gif
Russet cords for the Friday challenge. Wrapped up warm as the snow returned today. Forgive the slightly wonky/low bowtie and the flying square in the full-length photos. They had to be taken after lunch when I got back home as there was almost no light due to heavy cloud cover when I left around mid-morning. By then the tie had migrated downwards slightly and the square decided to move upwards. Perhaps they will meet each other in the middle by the end of the day.
laugh.gif
dec17006.jpg

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lusitano
You're travelling with DeutscheBahn?During winter?
eh.gif

P.s very nice jacket(suit?)

Suit.
Had no problem with the ICE. You?
Airport was the problem...
Oh, and the trees breaking down and blocking the streets.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Corduroy.

Is that a plum cord suit? Wow.

A more contrasting shirt/tie colour would have really made this stellar. Given the black fur on the coat, perhaps a cream shirt and black knit tie?

The square resembles an armadillo or the Sydney Opera House. I'm not sure which, but it is intriguingly complex.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn iPhone pics. The suit is chocolate brown, tie Bordeaux. The fur and coat are also brown. The PS is a vintage Hermes with the alphabet in different fonts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads