• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

changed

Reaction score
Yeah I put LP on mine (+ OB waterproofer) and it wears off quickly because I wear mine primarily in deep snow.

dlugent

Reaction score
I have a question about katahdin boots.

Are the katahdin boots on the LL Bean website the same katahdin boots seen here?
Here's the comparison of the site picture and one from google images.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49464...engineer-boots

katahdins.jpg

I like the "smooth" look of the second picture, are they the same boots just buffed with some product? Thanks for any help guys, you could be making or breaking me buying these boots
biggrin.gif

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of 11's worn for one full season I'm contemplating selling. If anyone is interested, PM me. I'll Obenauf 'em up before shipping them out too.

sharks9022

Reaction score
That is what they typically look like after applying a leather preservative. I use Obenauf's LP as do several other people here.

dlugent

Reaction score
Thanks for the incredibly quick reply, looks like I will be buying a pair
smile.gif
. Thanks again

babump

Reaction score
Anyone have a size 10D they'd be willing to sell? They're out on the llbean website until April.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dlugent
I have a question about katahdin boots.

Are the katahdin boots on the LL Bean website the same katahdin boots seen here?
Here's the comparison of the site picture and one from google images.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49464...engineer-boots

katahdins.jpg

I like the "smooth" look of the second picture, are they the same boots just buffed with some product? Thanks for any help guys, you could be making or breaking me buying these boots
biggrin.gif

That looks like an unworn pair with a coat of snoseal or LP

fpr4

Reaction score
No more sizes bigger than 9 available until April 1st. Needless to say I am extremely bummed about this.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fpr4
No more sizes bigger than 9 available until April 1st. Needless to say I am extremely bummed about this.

get the chipewa version from zappos.

fpr4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
get the chipewa version from zappos.

I like the cap toe and LL Bean's customer satisfaction guarantee better.

babump

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of Chippewa 25290's, which look very similar to the Katahdin boots. They have a Vibram Lug sole and also cost me about $30 less. It doesn't come with a cap toe, but the Katahdin's are sold out in my size (both the regular and waterproof versions), and the RW Iron Rangers cost twice as much and doesn't have a sole that would be suitable for the weather for where I live. Anybody have experience with these?
25290.jpg

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how well do the regular iron works boots hold up in snow/rain?
are you slipping and sliding everywhere?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads