• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Real talk. I don't know what "that" is, but I have good hair and just having it shoulder length is starting to feel too clean and Midwestern to me. I don't really know what I want to look like, but I can't stand things being too clean or correct.

get it long and elegant, son

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Braid it. No, I take that back. Shave everything but a topknot.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was briefly thinking of buying a hat made of paper. But I think I'll wait until spring.
aDqEU.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Make yourself a napoleon hat out of newspaper and wear it with the baseball suit!

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
if this is referring to "clean cut," i agree. for some reason i thought you taught at, not attended, Neverland U.

Clean cut is exactly the phrase I was reaching for, thanks dog.

Originally Posted by Synthese
Braid it. No, I take that back. Shave everything but a topknot.

I actually am going to try to do some Jedi braids once it's longer, but right now they'd only fall to like my cheekbone.

Number of girls I've dated who have suggested that I get a mohawk, devilock, or devilhawk: 3. (Number of those girls who were into any kind of scene: 0)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
anyone else notice the blackbird ballard sock tuck? they should have gotten AFL and me to model edit: behold the fruits of my boredom
bdi2wl.jpg

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read an article a while back that was posted here that talked about clothing and infation costs over the past 20 years. Anyone remember where it was from?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
lol, in Current Events $250K is apparently not a lot of money.

it's been established this is the poverty line--don't fall below or suffer the consequences

Bookface

Reaction score
I'm beginning to (finally) build up a proper wardrobe and have bought some solid-colour shirts, and now I want to get some decent cardigans since I've always liked them. Right now I'm looking for one that can go well with this shirt, but I really don't know what kind of colours/designs I should be looking for.

http://www.johnlewis.com/49823/Style.aspx - I really like the colour of this one, but I'm not sure about the really deep neck line. Is it too much?

http://www.thomaspink.com/fcp/produc...digan/99912328 - I also like this one quite a bit, but I don't know if the colour is too dull?

Open to any wildly different suggestions too. Budget is fairly high (what with Christmas money and all) but I need to save for other clothes too, so nothing way too extravagant).

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
it's been established this is the poverty line--don't fall below or suffer the consequences

i think you can live comfortably on half that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads