• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Browsing Issues with Google Chrome

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with Chrome? I know that others have posted about the lack of a "My Posts" button, which doesn't bother me since I never used it anyway. But sometimes when I'm browsing in Chrome, if I open a thread and reply to it, close it, then open it up again later, it won't take me to the most recent post. Instead if takes me to the most recent post in the thread from the previous time I posted in it. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Anyone else have issues with Chrome? I know that others have posted about the lack of a "My Posts" button, which doesn't bother me since I never used it anyway. But sometimes when I'm browsing in Chrome, if I open a thread and reply to it, close it, then open it up again later, it won't take me to the most recent post. Instead if takes me to the most recent post in the thread from the previous time I posted in it. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?
Update moar n00b.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
A) What version of Chrome are you using?

B) That updated post thing sounds like a cookies setting. Are you set to allow cookies?

Also, reply to my PM dammint!

I am illiterate. Please tell me how to find these answers to your questions.

Yggdrasil

Reaction score
I used the beta version of Chrome for awhile until I figured Firefox already did everything with equal efficiency. After a long time of using Firefox I decided to try Chrome again since it recently came out for Linux systems and the result this time is very different. It's incredibly fast, I mean significantly quicker than Firefox. I have experienced zero issues, and everything is integrated in a better way than Firefox.

So the answer is no.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chrome has known issues with Javascript and page jumping. You can check the version if you click the wrench icon in the top right corner, and then click about google chrome. Not much you can personally do about it. There may be an add-on to fix it or something.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i use ubuntu and i used chrome for the longest time but cotdamn if it didn't lag so much. switched to firefox and it's so much faster. but i do miss the universal bar.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Kiki - check the version number and make sure you're using the latest version which is 8.something. There should be a "check for upgrade" link under HELP. Then, you want to make sure you have the latest version of the FLASH plugin. Go to www.adobe.com/flash to find out.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Kiki - check the version number and make sure you're using the latest version which is 8.something. There should be a "check for upgrade" link under HELP.

Then, you want to make sure you have the latest version of the FLASH plugin. Go to www.adobe.com/flash to find out.

kiki?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

its up to .231 now. What's your flash plugin version?
Originally Posted by acidboy
kiki?
Don't be a hater.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
a) how the **** do i find that out
2) why would flash make my chrome work better for forum browinsg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads