• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jon Green Bespoke Suit

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the longest patch pockets I've seen - do you plan on carrying a newspaper in them?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
assuming it's a 2 button, they seem to start at the second button and end about an inch from the hem. that seems about right.

They seem quite elongated, which is a reflection of the overall coat silhouette which looks very elongated as well (too long?). End result is they look very tall - the OP could probably store a standing bottle of wine in each pocket.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is the price of his bespoke now? I heard it was $7,000.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
They seem quite elongated, which is a reflection of the overall coat silhouette which looks very elongated as well (too long?). End result is they look very tall - the OP could probably store a standing bottle of wine in each pocket.
The proportions of the suit are just horrendous. Too long, angles are bad, curves in the wrong places and not where they are needed. You can't point to one thing going wrong, just to an entirety that is poorly proportioned.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The proportions of the suit are just horrendous. Too long, angles are bad, curves in the wrong places and not where they are needed. You can't point to one thing going wrong, just to an entirety that is poorly proportioned.
They aren't finished.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the final product. Right now, you look like you are prepared to go on stage in a production of The Nutcracker. I know it is only a fitting, so I am figuring it will be tweaked into something wearable in the future.

Mike

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think the pockets are too long, just too high up. As for the suit as a whole: something looks wrong with the shoulders. I understand the sleeveheads aren't finished off, but there is something strange about how the shoulders look to be pinching in the chest, while simultaneously looking very extended (even if they arent). The line of the sleeve is also peculiar, though I don't know if the issues are related. Notice how it appears to fall in a straight line virtually perpendicular to the groudn down to the elbow before taking on any curvature. It looks more like an imposed shape than a natural one, and not very pretty to look at either way.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Personally I think the shoulders are a bit too extended and I would lose the padding. You said it is all you, but I can see the basting stitches holding it in place. As mentioned the jacket is a bit on the long side. It seems as though you are happy though, that is what matters.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
store a standing bottle of wine in each pocket.

I plan on just resting my hands in those pockets [also my third leg]. Thanks for the idea, I am an oenophile.

Originally Posted by whnay.
What is the price of his bespoke now? I heard it was $7,000.

I don't think he charges enough for what he does or what he is able to accomplish. What you don't see are multiple fittings, someone who projects his own personal standards onto his products regardless of who the client might be. He, to me, had never lost his "boutique touch," rare indeed.

Originally Posted by iammatt

What do you think of the black-brown color sportscoat? It's a rare one - to find a brown that fits my Winter colorings - a true black brown. My wife loves it as all she sees are my deeep pearly brown eyes when I wear that jacket.

Originally Posted by George
They aren't finished.

True that. You are wise, George.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
The line of the sleeve is also peculiar, though I don't know if the issues are related. Notice how it appears to fall in a straight line virtually perpendicular to the groudn down to the elbow before taking on any curvature. It looks more like an imposed shape than a natural one, and not very pretty to look at either way.

I don't know, I like 'em. See George's wisdom. Another view, that's the way I hang . . .

flowg.jpg

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
It seems as though you are happy though, that is what matters.

True that.

Originally Posted by iyorito
very 70s

I like, I like. Plan to swank it out with a turtleneck à la Halston just because of your post. Thank you.

- M

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn
Mr. Green sends me a "presentation" of fabrics he selected himself based on knowing me, my wishes, my climate. His knowledge and eyes in the fabric market are truly all encompassing.

Just for today, Blagojevich.
bigstar[1].gif

- M

Many thanks, also for Rod. Whatever you think of him, he's quite the character.

I don't think he charges enough for what he does or what he is able to accomplish. What you don't see are multiple fittings, someone who projects his own personal standards onto his products regardless of who the client might be. He, to me, had never lost his "boutique touch," rare indeed.

Here's a short clip of his approach.

I don't know, I like 'em. See George's wisdom. Another view, that's the way I hang . . .

flowg.jpg

- M

I am not sure that I am seeing the issue with the sleeve either. Also, not sure that it matters much to Foo's view, but didn't you mention before somewhere that you have rather square shoulders?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan on just resting my hands in those pockets [also my third leg]. Thanks for the idea, I am an oenophile. I don't think he charges enough for what he does or what he is able to accomplish. What you don't see are multiple fittings, someone who projects his own personal standards onto his products regardless of who the client might be. He, to me, had never lost his "boutique touch," rare indeed. What do you think of the black-brown color sportscoat? It's a rare one - to find a brown that fits my Winter colorings - a true black brown. My wife loves it as all she sees are my deeep pearly brown eyes when I wear that jacket. True that. You are wise, George. I don't know, I like 'em. See George's wisdom. Another view, that's the way I hang . . .
flowg.jpg
True that. I like, I like. Plan to swank it out with a turtleneck à la Halston just because of your post. Thank you. - M

M, I just love the way you take it all in your stride. There something, for want of a better word....Zen....about your approach. Enjoy your clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads