• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA J Crew Alden Indy Boots 25% Off

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
Sry i didn't respond to your pm. I send n rec about 50-100 pms /day so I need some time to work too
biggrin.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

style 20853 - "AldenÂ
00ae.png
for J.Crew cap toe cordovan boots / dark burgundy. Getting 2 pairs
laugh.gif

(and no, I'm not selling any - just going to return the other)

No worries. Thanks for the item#. Did you buy 2 sizes just in case that you are returning the other? Seems like you got a nice CSR. I tried calling 3x and got the same response, excluded from current sale.

I dont think any stores in Southern CA stock the shoes. Am i wrong? I called the Grove and they dont stock it. What we need is someone who works for jcrew on this forum, wonder if they would be willing to help.

I know there are several guys on this forum i have dealt with for Nordstrom.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
No worries. Thanks for the item#. Did you buy 2 sizes just in case that you are returning the other? Seems like you got a nice CSR. I tried calling 3x and got the same response, excluded from current sale.

I dont think any stores in Southern CA stock the shoes. Am i wrong? I called the Grove and they dont stock it. What we need is someone who works for jcrew on this forum, wonder if they would be willing to help.

I know there are several guys on this forum i have dealt with for Nordstrom.

The ONLY stores that stock it are in MA, try those.

Nope, I bought 2 9.5's

Dude, is your size on the 'bay?

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NY Flagship Men's store stocks Aldens. I believe i am 9.5. But wont know till i try them when i get the Indy 405's. I think the Cordovan and Indy 405 are on the Barrie last?

xudisco07

Reaction score
Last week I had a coupon that was 30% off, I got to the checkout and the promotion worked but I waited too long to buy and the coupon did not work. My thought, wait till this coupon expires and at midnight when a new one will come up try to buy the cordovan boots if they are listed again.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So tempted to get these: Danner for J Crew They are on sale for $268 (from $299). and with the add;l 25%, you are down to $200. I would snatch them up in a heartbest had I not bought the paraboot avoriaz boots 2 weeks ago. But still so tempting....do I need another paid of hiking boots??

xudisco07

Reaction score
My Indy boots are here today. The February ship date was a bit off.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Update: So the great news is that I got my punchcap shell boots. 9,.5 barrie, supreme.

The bad news is that I paid more than i gloated about a few poasts ago.

So I got a VM from jcrew on monday asking me to call them back bc they needed to "confirm something"

I thought it was due to the shipping addy I put down (office vs home, where I get most of my stuff from them). ring....Mr S___ "We made a mistake and just wanted to let you know. For some reason, the person who took your order entered it wrong and gave you too much of a discount"

fight[1].gif
you F***ers.

I tried and tried and couldn't' get them to budge. They finally agreed to give me my student discount over the phone as you usually have to go in store to use it. So that's ok!?!?!?

fight[1].gif
you F***ers.

So, Instead of $488, $552.

Still a deal, IMHO for these things but not as great as i thought
ffffuuuu.gif

o well, i got my shooz and I'm happy.

Newstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
NY Flagship Men's store stocks Aldens. I believe i am 9.5. But wont know till i try them when i get the Indy 405's. I think the Cordovan and Indy 405 are on the Barrie last?

Don't know about the cordovan but the Indy's are on the trubalance last.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So I got a VM from jcrew on monday asking me to call them back bc they needed to "confirm something"

I thought it was due to the shipping addy I put down (office vs home, where I get most of my stuff from them). ring....Mr S___ "We made a mistake and just wanted to let you know. For some reason, the person who took your order entered it wrong and gave you too much of a discount"

fight[1].gif
you F***ers.

I tried and tried and couldn't' get them to budge. They finally agreed to give me my student discount over the phone as you usually have to go in store to use it. So that's ok!?!?!?

fight[1].gif
you F***ers.

So, Instead of $488, $552.

Still a deal, IMHO for these things but not as great as i thought
ffffuuuu.gif

o well, i got my shooz and I'm happy.

What a bunch of a-holes. They should have honored the original price as a one time thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads