• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by husbands
If I am a size 36 in most suits, S in Gitman, M in band of Outsiders, should I get a Cameraman in 44 or 46? I'm 5'8", if that helps

I'd probably say 46.

husbands

Reaction score
well the only size I can find at a reasonable price is 44, so I'm gonna give it a shot. I am looking for a tighter fit, but maybe not as tight as the LN-CC model... http://www.ln-cc.com/nigel-cabourn/n...vt/nig0011arm/ and if it looks bad LN-CC has a pretty great returns policy. can't believe I'm dropping $830 on a single thing right now, I could buy a beater car for that

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
End just got a new shipment in.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well the only size I can find at a reasonable price is 44, so I'm gonna give it a shot. I am looking for a tighter fit, but maybe not as tight as the LN-CC model...
http://www.ln-cc.com/nigel-cabourn/n...vt/nig0011arm/

and if it looks bad LN-CC has a pretty great returns policy. can't believe I'm dropping $830 on a single thing right now, I could buy a beater car for that

This is just my opinion, but I wear essentially the same sizes in the brands you mention and wouldn't even try to fit in a 44, no way. Minimum 46. You don't want your outwear to be skin tight like a sweater or something, especially if you layer even just a sweater under it. Too much $$ to risk it if you ask me.

husbands

Reaction score
hmm well I've compared different sizing measurements online and I think it will leave me some room everywhere, but I am a bit concerned about the narrowness of the shoulders. Have you actually tried on a 44?

I definitely agree about outerwear being looser, so if I can't wear a sweater underneath I'll just eat the shipping back to the UK

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm well I've compared different sizing measurements online and I think it will leave me some room everywhere, but I am a bit concerned about the narrowness of the shoulders. Have you actually tried on a 44?

I definitely agree about outerwear being looser, so if I can't wear a sweater underneath I'll just eat the shipping back to the UK

My Spidey Senses go off when I see anything in any brand under a US36/EU46. As much as measurement may imply that it may fit, my experience with clothing and fits tend to override online measurements in the end as long as the standard size measurements aren't dramatic like a size different say.

I haven't tried it on, but Zissou said he typically wears medium in EG and got a 50. Medium in EG would almost equate to 48 in my mind, but it seems they have a slim fit. So Spidey Sense tells me that I'm a minimum 46 possibly even a 48 in this jacket. I probably made no sense here haha.

bowvalley2000

Reaction score
I agree with tonio. I wear small tops in everything except BoO (mediums) and I wear 46 in the cameramen. I can even get away with 48 but the sleeves are little too long. I definately would not go with 44. Try to find a 46 somewhere.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah, I would be worried about a 44, unless you maybe have short arms and don't want to wear anything under it other than just a shirt. I am willing to bet that the 44 is about 38-39" pit to pit.

I am a S/M in EG shirts, 6'2", 165lbs, 39" chest, and the 50 is great on me. It has enough room for a heavy sweater without being tight anywhere. Almost everything from Cabourn that I have is slim, with the exception of my one heavy knit that is a 48.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowvalley2000
I agree with tonio. I wear small tops in everything except BoO (mediums) and I wear 46 in the cameramen. I can even get away with 48 but the sleeves are little too long. I definately would not go with 44. Try to find a 46 somewhere.

Ah nice to know. How much roomier was the 48 on you do you remember? Also, I'm not sure how it's made up, but looking at it is it possible to bring up the sleeves easily do you know?

bowvalley2000

Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be too hard to shorten the cuffs, tonio. The sleeves are unlined, but the shoulder seams are raglan and go under the hood.

husbands

Reaction score
hmm well perhaps you all are right. I am definitely glad LN-CC will give refunds instead of just credit, and I have till late January to send it back if its no good.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to a tight fit, but I'll just have to wait and see if it's unworkable. No way am I gonna pay an extra $500 for a slightly better fit though

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
It shouldn't be too hard to shorten the cuffs, tonio. The sleeves are unlined, but the shoulder seams are raglan and go under the hood.

That's what I was wondering, thanks, Z.

hmm well perhaps you all are right. I am definitely glad LN-CC will give refunds instead of just credit, and I have till late January to send it back if its no good.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to a tight fit, but I'll just have to wait and see if it's unworkable. No way am I gonna pay an extra $500 for a slightly better fit though

I hope it works out, make sure to update us as that information would be beneficial to me as well.

bowvalley2000

Reaction score
I acutally ordered the 48 from Context and found it slightly big, mostly in the arm length. There was definately room for a thick knit or even a blazer (not saying i would wear one under a cameramen). I returned the 48 and got a 46, which fit great.

The arms should not be too hard to shorten but you may loose some detailing.

If you are serious, I would highly suggest going with the 46. Just looking at some of your fit pics, I think you would find 48 too big.

FYI-the cameramen jacket is truely a great piece. I don't regret spending the full price for it.

Originally Posted by tonio028
Ah nice to know. How much roomier was the 48 on you do you remember? Also, I'm not sure how it's made up, but looking at it is it possible to bring up the sleeves easily do you know?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads