• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
99% of the people in sw&d have no idea how to put an outfit together. i think it's because many are young and only have a few nice things but there are also those who have nice pieces strung together in ridiculous and incoherent ways

This is why I haven't rushed in and assembled an entire wardrobe. Funds are a big part of it, but two+ years in and I'm still finding what aesthetic(s) best suits me and makes me feel the best. I've made relatively few purchases compared to the hundreds of hours I've spent on SF. I think all of the lurking, reading, etc. made me bored with the old SF uniform even though I've never owned a pair of APCs, Clarks or AA shirts.

My wardrobe is still minimal, but I think that's a good thing, because the kind of stuff I'm considering buying these days doesn't match up much at all with what I would've bought a year ago. Or even six months ago.

Of course, this will change when it gets hot again and I just wanna wear fruity colors and no socks.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
that sucks. was it this guy? ^ you should know you can't get sexy lingerie for $0.99
cry.gif

Don't quote spam, noob
99% of the people in sw&d have no idea how to put an outfit together. i think it's because many are young and only have a few nice things but there are also those who have nice pieces strung together in ridiculous and incoherent ways
It's so much easier when your answer to life's problems is more Dick Ovens

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I SWORE I was going to get a C this semester, what a surprise to open just-released final grades to all A's and B's.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
I SWORE I was going to get a C this semester, what a surprise to open just-released final grades to all A's and B's.

nice! I have covered grades for this semester but I think I got pretty much straight Bs. The only class I think I could/should have done better in was physics. Not studying at all for the exam did me in.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06

Good work dog, I did well in most of my classes but then I got like a D in Calc III (which was a bad idea to begin with). Haven't managed to do that poorly in a while. Apparently my Calc III class is the toughest one at the university, and Hinterland U has a pretty high-caliber engineering program, so I don't feel too bad about it.

reprehensible

Reaction score

I get around this by using few colors and being boring. Go me!

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, is it hard in the states to get a job as a graphic design artist?? Specifically with experience in motionography and branded ad campaigns??? What kind of pay does that run for entry-level to two years experience bracket?

Weird question, but my girlfriend is thinking of moving to the US

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I had a lot of friends in graphic design. None of them could get a job in it, they're mostly looking to get out of the US actually.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WRONG ANSWER
then again I have a math major and I'm getting paid by the Japanese government to post here, so anything is possible

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I had a lot of friends in graphic design. None of them could get a job in it, they're mostly looking to get out of the US actually.

most of the ones i knew were freelance and after 2008 had a lot of free time on their hands

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
WRONG ANSWER
then again I have a math major and I'm getting paid by the Japanese government to post here, so anything is possible

i've always maintained this is the most versatile degree one can get. and yet most avoid it at all costs

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i've always maintained this is the most versatile degree one can get. and yet most avoid it at all costs

Math is actually fun, but everything up through mid-level college math tries to remove all the fun from it. And so, avoided. Who wants to grind through computations?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
Math is actually fun, but everything up through mid-level college math tries to remove all the fun from it. And so, avoided. Who wants to grind through computations?

yes, from a young age children are taught that this tiresome and grueling arithmetic = all of mathematics so now Innumeracy is rampant

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah

Math majors are only versatile in conjunction with another math-heavy degree, like economics, physics, etc. Otherwise, they are almost as useless as English majors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics