• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

SVS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
After a 4 year relationship I came home after 3 weeks away to find the house rented out to someone else, my dog gone, cars sold, relationship over, and a string of emails that recorded various "hookup" situations with strangers from the internet.

Adults can be VERY VERY awful.

WOW! That's messed up.

Originally Posted by HgaleK
That's sounds ******* awful, but there's no way you didn't do SOMETHING to piss her off. Cheating, excessive complacency to the point that it drives her that, or something... I refuse to believe that anyone would pull that **** unprovoked.

People do all sorts of crazy things ...

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a 4 year relationship I came home after 3 weeks away to find the house rented out to someone else, my dog gone, cars sold, relationship over, and a string of emails that recorded various "hookup" situations with strangers from the internet.

She was a very motivated seller, wow... all that in 3 weeks time.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TM79
She was a very motivated seller, wow... all that in 3 weeks time.

reminds me of
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

dune

Reaction score

What did you, cheat on her with her mom or something?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, what became of the dog?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

whoa. did you marry the devil's daughter? what did you do? and am curious about the nature of these hookups.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
fuji seems like kind of an asshole, but I guess he's 17.

things are getting kind of rocky with my gf. She's 24 (I'm 25) and wants to know that we'll be settling down and will get married in two years or so. However, I still need to get my masters degree then find a place and job where I'm satisfied in settling down. This place is definitely not China, and she isn't prepared to live anywhere but China or Hong Kong, so that leaves only Hong Kong, which I'm not sure I'd like as a place to settle down. Last night she told me how she felt and had been feeling bad for a long time wondering about our future together, she suggested on trying being just friends. I told her we should talk about it in person today.

The bottom line is:

1. I love her
2. We are a good match for each other and I doubt I'd find another girl of her caliber in a long time
3. I can see myself staying with her and eventually getting married
4. I am not in a situation with my life where I should plan a marriage, I am definitely not ready to settle down yet, and if I did I would regret it. I know this about myself. I need to at least 1- get my masters degree and 2- get a good job and settle myself before I can consider it.

hope things work out with your girl, and I hope she understands how important the degree is for ya.

so I suppose boracay's out next month?

Originally Posted by thejollyco
I bought my ex a gift for her birthday in march for her birthday in late december. i broke up with her in september. Its too late to return the gift and it's expensive. I am debating just giving it to her.

They're fancy shoes.

don't give the damn shoes. find a girl with the same shoe size.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
That's sounds ******* awful, but there's no way you didn't do SOMETHING to piss her off. Cheating, excessive complacency to the point that it drives her that, or something... I refuse to believe that anyone would pull that **** unprovoked.
It was awful and no, I didn't do SOMETHING. We were what appeared to be more than fine. I'm not a passive person and I made sure our relationship was as full and rich as possible and couples we knew tried to model their relationship in some ways after ours. 1.5yrs later and we still haven't had a conversation about the breakup...so why the relationship ended the way it did? I don't know because it didn't have to be that way. Believe it or not some people really DON'T care about you like they say they do. BTW. This ex is a HE and not a SHE.
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
So, what became of the dog?
Still living with the ex. Sucks. I loved that dog...at least he still has the name I gave him when he was born
smile.gif
Originally Posted by acidboy
whoa. did you marry the devil's daughter? what did you do? and am curious about the nature of these hookups.
The hookups? Well, they were all random online sex hookups. The language used in those emails was absolutely heartbreaking. I'm not the type to ever consider anyone my property but some things you think are sacred. Nope. I did print off those emails. They sit in a locked briefcase in my office. I don't know why I haven't thrown them out
eh.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oh I'm sorry... so its not the devil's daughter... it was beelzebub, jr. you were having a relationship with.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One night, about a week after it all fell apart I walked to the local hospital and checked myself into the psychiatric unit. It helped quite a bit because I was a mess.

Such is life...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
seriously, man, hope you'll find yourself a better partner! good luck!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Should I break up with her because of her period? She might cut her ovaries out.
Joking. See below:
Talked to her about it the next day, she regretted feeling emotional and said it made sense to her. We'll see when it come up again.
Originally Posted by Rambo
When is her next period?
^^
Originally Posted by APK
Christ, how old are all of you? Doesn't anyone dissolve relationships in person no mo'?
Amen. Sack up and tell her to her face.
After a 4 year relationship I came home after 3 weeks away to find the house rented out to someone else, my dog gone, cars sold, relationship over, and a string of emails that recorded various "hookup" situations with strangers from the internet. Adults can be VERY VERY awful.
Holy ****! You should have gotten up at the Kennedy Center and sung **** You. oh. oh. oh.
One night, about a week after it all fell apart I walked to the local hospital and checked myself into the psychiatric unit. It helped quite a bit because I was a mess. Such is life...
Probably one of the best decisions you'll ever make. Sure beats staring into the bottom of a bottle.
seriously, man, hope you'll find yourself a better partner! good luck!
Plusfucking1

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Sure beats staring into the bottom of a bottle.

what's wrong with that?
confused.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
what's wrong with that?
confused.gif

Doesn't work out too well in the long term. Its great for finishing up a ****** Tuesday though.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
hope things work out with your girl, and I hope she understands how important the degree is for ya.

so I suppose boracay's out next month?

don't give the damn shoes. find a girl with the same shoe size.

That's how it's lookin' friend, I'll visit there sometime.
frown.gif
Appreciate the work you did for me though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads