• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Bah! It is embarassing for us! Congrats. keep it up, I enjoy the pics and keep on dreaming.

Passed a vtg JPress 3/2 sack summer weight half lined jacket and couple of Harrises, all trad stuff, and one vtg Oxxford 44blazer, vtg BrooksEase suit 41, couple of Tome james Innocenti made for the same guy, smaller than me, one rubber soled AE sz 13, one English made rubber soled Barrie at 10.5 (Cheaney makes them). I may end up going back for the blazer but it was half lined, too. Got a monk strap boot Alden (pedic) 10 c but did not fit me at home, too narrow, will go to the Bay or exchange (offers accepted). Also bought a walking stick, shepherd style, made from General Sherman seqoia. Don't know why. It was 5 dollars. Will need sanding and varnish but usable as it is.

Nataku is back, too. Those shirts are insane. I have never seen them in wild.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Whaaat?! Geez! It's one thing to find a suit/jacket by Borrelli, but NWT?! That's just insane!

Today was dress shirt day. NWT/NWOT shirts from Brioni, Turnbull & Asser, Kiton and Zegna Mainline. Here's something odd, the blue T&A shirt had a small "reticket" receipt from Bloomingdales stapled to the bottom. I had no idea Bloomingdales sold high end stuff! The Bloomingdales here in Minnesota sure doesn't sell anything near the level of T&A - must have came from out of state.

P1030653.jpg

dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum boy!!!

rayxlui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
this is getting embarassing...brand new without tags cotton/linen BORRELLI SC,not my size sadly

Nice! How do you know its BNWOT though?

rayxlui

Reaction score
Whaaat?! Geez! It's one thing to find a suit/jacket by Borrelli, but NWT?! That's just insane!

Today was dress shirt day. NWT/NWOT shirts from Brioni, Turnbull & Asser, Kiton and Zegna Mainline. Here's something odd, the blue T&A shirt had a small "reticket" receipt from Bloomingdales stapled to the bottom. I had no idea Bloomingdales sold high end stuff! The Bloomingdales here in Minnesota sure doesn't sell anything near the level of T&A - must have came from out of state.

P1030653.jpg

Size on the Kitons
smile.gif

jobro

Reaction score
The Kitons are 16 1/2", but my brother already called dibs on them.

Are you keeping all the shirts for yourself (excluding Kitons) or will they be appearing on B&S or eBay?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Of course, you have to take the good with the bad:

33388287.jpg

gang_1563676c.jpg

la-earthquakes.jpg

traffic-jam.jpg

paparazzi1.jpg

LOL @ the picture of Britney Spears!

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rayxlui
Nice! How do you know its BNWOT though?

because it came from the same place that i got the Loro Piana from,same donor (a major retail chain here in canada) i got something else as well but i dont wanna brag too much
...and i JUST missed out on brand new PARADIGM speakers,literally a guy picked them up while i was walking towards them...
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
Are you keeping all the shirts for yourself (excluding Kitons) or will they be appearing on B&S or eBay?
I'm keeping the two T&A shirts, as they are my size (17/ Euro 43), but the Brionis are all 16.5 and are a bit too tight in the neck, so they will all be up for grabs.
...and i JUST missed out on brand new PARADIGM speakers,literally a guy picked them up while i was walking towards them...
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Oh man I HATE that! I can deal with missing out on stuff and not knowing it (we all know we miss out on stuff), but when you see something super nice and are mere moments too late, that's a major killer. It's almost a tease.

EBTX66

Reaction score
this is getting embarassing...brand new without tags cotton/linen BORRELLI SC,not my size sadly

That'll finance many more thrifting runs.
worship.gif

I say we all pitch in on a PI and have Frenchy followed.
peepwall[1].gif

...Today was dress shirt day. NWT/NWOT shirts from Brioni, Turnbull & Asser, Kiton and Zegna Mainline...

worship2.gif
worship2.gif
worship2.gif

The Kitons are 16 1/2", but my brother already called dibs on them.

I do not love either of my brothers enough to give them a Kiton, much less two.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBTX66

I do not love either of my brothers enough to give them a Kiton, much less two.

Haha, well these do have some issues that are fixable, but will take some work. I figure he can put the money into fixing them and still get a good deal on them. As nice as I like to think I am, I just couldn't give away a perfect Kiton!
laugh.gif

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping the two T&A shirts, as they are my size (17/ Euro 43), but the Brionis are all 16.5 and are a bit too tight in the neck, so they will all be up for grabs.

Dang! Same size.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O_O sickeningly ridiculous! I've seen a nice thing or two from Bloomie's - I think maybe they USED to carry higher-end stuff? That's the only explanation I can come up with. My run today would have been epic... if the guy hadn't been a huge fan of Astor & Black / Tom James. Literally dozens of suits/sc's by those two brands, most of which fit me, all of the A&B's with surgeon's cuffs, etc, etc... dress shirts, too. He had a few BB shirts but all of them had initials on them so no chance. Did snag a Zegna sweater for myself, a Barbour "shirt jacket" and some Faconnable by Incotex pants - the first Incos I've seen in the wild at all, destined for a trade. Of course, I have yet to see a single stitch of Kiton or dress Brioni, but maybe that's how long-distance luck rubs off!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads