• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

EMY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVS
Are you suggesting the card should read "Hey *****, I hope Santa cracks your chimney, throws the cookies on the floor and forgets to leave a gift. Have a ****** new year and F you."?

There a fine line between the high road and being a sap. Obviously, I need to consider were the line is drawn.

yup that is over the line and no card should be sent. I got dumped via voice mail and she was sober--I'm not doing anything.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
When is her next period?

Should I break up with her because of her period? She might cut her ovaries out.

SVS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EMY
yup that is over the line and no card should be sent. I got dumped via voice mail and she was sober--I'm not doing anything.

Originally Posted by APK
Sending a Christmas card to someone who didn't have the courtesy to dump you face-to-face or in a sober condition = well over that line.

Honest question: what do you hope to get from it?

Unless you're Robert Frost, there isn't anything you can write in that card that's going to make things "right" between you two. And even if it did, why do you want to be with someone so inconsiderate?

Best case scenario is that she thinks it's a nice gesture and then goes scouring for more, new dick. Worst case is that you look like a guy who lets someone completely disrespect them and then does something nice for them.

Don't send the card. And if you already have, break into that mailbox and get it back. Trust me.

Good points. Thanks for ridiculing me. I'm thinking clearly now and throwing her card out.

I'm also not sending a card to the girl that dumped me via txt. I am sending a card to her twin sister (who I've been friends with forever) so she knows I didn't just forget to send cards. Childish, but fun.
bounce2.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Christ, how old are all of you? Doesn't anyone dissolve relationships in person no mo'?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Christ, how old are all of you? Doesn't anyone dissolve relationships in person no mo'?

Since the invention of the camera phone, all my breakups have been by ********.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Since the invention of the camera phone, all my breakups have been by ********.

I could understand if it was a middle finger but a ********? I'm pretty sure that would have the opposite effect.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I could understand if it was a middle finger but a ********? I'm pretty sure that would have the opposite effect.

Apparently we've learned a deep dark secret about someone's cawk.

SVS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

I'm 36. The drunken phone coat hangers is 31 and the txt girl is 36. I've been lucky not have had deal with **** like this for the first 35 years. Guess I my tendency to overly nice is because all of my other splits have been civil and we remained friends (oftentimes with benefits). I'm clear now. **** 'em.

Also, I don't have these issues with college girls. :)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's distressing to know there are people in their 30's behaving like seventh graders.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVS
Who wants to ridicule me for considering sending an ex who dumped via a drunken phone call a Christmas card? Does anyone think that's nice thing to do? :)

Meh. Don't be a pushover.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
That's distressing to know there are people in their 30's behaving like seventh graders.
After a 4 year relationship I came home after 3 weeks away to find the house rented out to someone else, my dog gone, cars sold, relationship over, and a string of emails that recorded various "hookup" situations with strangers from the internet. Adults can be VERY VERY awful.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
After a 4 year relationship I came home after 3 weeks away to find the house rented out to someone else, my dog gone, cars sold, relationship over, and a string of emails that recorded various "hookup" situations with strangers from the internet. Adults can be VERY VERY awful.
Wow
eh.gif

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a 4 year relationship I came home after 3 weeks away to find the house rented out to someone else, my dog gone, cars sold, relationship over, and a string of emails that recorded various "hookup" situations with strangers from the internet.

Adults can be VERY VERY awful.

Unbelievable. These scenarios make me doubt the Second Amendment.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a 4 year relationship I came home after 3 weeks away to find the house rented out to someone else, my dog gone, cars sold, relationship over, and a string of emails that recorded various "hookup" situations with strangers from the internet.

Adults can be VERY VERY awful.

That's sounds ******* awful, but there's no way you didn't do SOMETHING to piss her off. Cheating, excessive complacency to the point that it drives her that, or something... I refuse to believe that anyone would pull that **** unprovoked.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ You should change your name to johnphail than(I couldn't resist).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads