• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
I can't find the appeal of indy boots at all...even in boot form i find the trubalance last off

agreed. i've been scrolling through this thread to bring myself up to speed but i can't understand the indymania.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Great idea. None on order but we have Indy Boots and Tanker boots coming in dark brown suede.

Now these sound interesting in dark brown suede. When do you think these will hit your website?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ennui
I've attached a few photos I took just now with my point-and-shoot. I'm looking forward to wearing them once the bad weather clears out from around where I live. I've heard these lighten up after a while - I'm looking forward to the patina.
Thanks for posting pics...love the cigar color. I'm trying to decide between several styles; the Cigar Longwings, Whiskey Plain Toe Bulcher, Whiskey Chukka boot or the Black Cordovan Medallion Toe Oxford.

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Thanks for posting pics...love the cigar color. I'm trying to decide between several styles; the Cigar Longwings, Whiskey Plain Toe Bulcher, Whiskey Chukka boot or the Black Cordovan Medallion Toe Oxford.

Good choices all, but my vote would be the cigar longwings. If you can find them in your size, snatch them up. You won't be disappointed.

cimabue

Reaction score
There is a lot of hype. The Indy boot is a handsome, well-made workboot. $315 - $340 is plenty of money for a pair, imo, which is what I paid for the JCrew version. The real jewels in the Alden crown are the cordovan shoes, and $500 - $600 is more than enough dough for them. Enough with the boutique-erization of products made for everyday use.

100 yrs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
There is a lot of hype. The Indy boot is a handsome, well-made workboot. $315 - $340 is plenty of money for a pair, imo, which is what I paid for the JCrew version. The real jewels in the Alden crown are the cordovan shoes, and $500 - $600 is more than enough dough for them. Enough with the boutique-erization of products made for everyday use.

agreed. i'll add that i've had enough with blog-erization phenomenon. i enjoy reading men's fashion blogs as much as the next guy, but every product doesn't need an epic description and legendary mystique as if it were forged in the fires of mt doom.

Aries83

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 100 yrs
agreed. i'll add that i've had enough with blog-erization phenomenon. i enjoy reading men's fashion blogs as much as the next guy, but every product doesn't need an epic description and legendary mystique as if it were forged in the fires of mt doom.

+1. But welcome to the world of advertising gone social.

Dexter_

Reaction score
Tom, any chance we will be seeing V-Tip make-ups anytime soon?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
Good choices all, but my vote would be the cigar longwings. If you can find them in your size, snatch them up. You won't be disappointed.

I'm thinking the same thing...except I kind of like the Whiskey Longwings. Have you seen them at Alden DC?

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
I'm thinking the same thing...except I kind of like the Whiskey Longwings. Have you seen them at Alden DC?

I have definitely seen them there in the past, but I don't recall seeing them there when I popped in last week. Then again, I also see them in my own closet every morning, so I wasn't looking for them, really. I like the whiskey longwings a lot, but they are far less versatile than the cigar ones, in my opinion. I mean, you listed a bunch of nice choices - I have whiskey chukkas, and they're wonderful, and you can't go wrong with the black medallion toe, etc. It all depends on what your purposes are.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aries83
I'll be visiting Honolulu at the beginning of January Tom, and was wondering if you'd have any Indy or Tanker boots in stock in cordovan? I'll definitely be popping in the shop.

Great to hear. Look forward to seeing you. Sorry, no probably tankers or Indys. Our next order of Tankers are almost all presold.

Originally Posted by JOA
Tanker might be nice. Any idea on when you expect them?

Probably in another 4 months or so.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Now these sound interesting in dark brown suede. When do you think these will hit your website?

They'll arrive here next week.

Originally Posted by Dexter_
Tom, any chance we will be seeing V-Tips anytime soon?

Probably not because they pretty much get presold before every order hits. It's one of our top shoes.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
I mean, you listed a bunch of nice choices - I have whiskey chukkas, and they're wonderful, and you can't go wrong with the black medallion toe, etc. It all depends on what your purposes are.

I trying to decide this myself...
confused.gif
I already have dark brown and black cap toes that I wear in the winter. I do not like to wear nice shoes in the winter. I just bought a new pair of honey tan wingtips for spring. I'm thinking that I want a pair of the whiskey and a pair of the suede chukkas for spring/summer.

xinu98

Reaction score
Hi - I have two pairs of Aldens on the Barrie last (Brixton Ravello from Epaulet and the Greenwich from Leffot). Both shoes are the same size, but I noticed that they fit slightly differently. The Greenwich is a bit tighter across the top/instep, and the last seems slightly wider at the waist. Not really a big issue (I think both boots are stunning) - just wondering if slight differences in fit on the same last is to be expected. Thanks!

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .Impulsv
Does anyone here know where I can find a plain toe blucher in the Barrie last in black Chromexcel? I'm looking to buy my first pair of nice shoes, and I've decided on Aldens because of all the helpful information around here.
I've never seen one like this before. I don't think it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads